Chapter 30: Howl into the Wind

****

I hear a faint knock from my bedroom door, I called out letting whoever was behind it enter

I turn my head towards the door, seeing my daughters walk in.

Isabella glancing back at me with a saddened expression, her sisters soon followed behind her.

Maria- Yes my dears?

Amara- Mother, we wish to know everything about our fathers.

Maria-(sighs) You want to know everything?

Amalia- We must at least know what they were like.

I sigh as I patted on my mattress for them to sit down before I had begun.

Maria- Well, there is only so much I could tell you. I had known them not too long.

Isabella- Mother, please.

Maria- Well, I am convinced on whose each of your fathers is. Amara, you have your father's looks and are a spitting image of Niklaus. You have his auburn hair and bluish-green eyes. He was so kind, mysterious, and very sweet, though he would have never admitted it. He was a very talented artist and was very knowledgeable about many things. He once painted a portrait of me and gifted it to me, I wish I could've kept it. It was perhaps the sweetest thing a man has ever done for me. I truly fell for him, I felt as if he understood me better than I did myself. When I discovered what he was and who he was, it was a shock. He was half werewolf and vampire. Part of me, never truly believed your Godmother Katherine when she told me how villainous he was. 

I pause before continuing on and grabbing hold of Amara's hand affectionately.

Maria- He hunted your godmother down for centuries, I am not sure as to why, but that is all I know. She refused to tell me anything else perhaps I should have convinced her to, but I could tell it brought back very painful memories for her. Katherine mentioned how she believed he was so cruel and with no heart, he killed her whole family as revenge because she managed to escape from him . I wish it weren't true, but he wasn't as perfect as I thought. I am sorry my love.