Chapter 27: Reign

****

A month later:

We've settled into life here in Italy. The journey to here felt like weeks. I was relieved when the boat finally stopped at our Port.

Italy was just how I remembered it, humid and the sea was still the prettiest shade of blue.

The girls beamed with excitement when we arrived.

They marveled at the sea and the small houses near the shore.

The water glistened as the sun rays bounced on them.

Like diamonds.

They never had seen a beach before, they ran to it and played about in the water.

Thomas and I just gawked as we looked across.

Thomas- It's beautiful, never seen water so blue before.

Maria-(smiles) how could I ever leave this place? I missed this.

I dropped our luggage down on the sand, picking up the bottom of my dress before running into the water.

Maria-(yells) Come on, Thomas!

I hear him laugh before speeding towards me and throwing me into the water.

I emerge from the water quickly, then using my magic to spray him in the face

The girls giggled, watching him cough lightly before they began splashing one another.

Thomas- No fair, I got you first, mother.

I laugh before swimming away from him.

I let the waves softly crash on me, running my hands against the cool water.

I stand there for a minute, lost in my own thoughts before I feel water splashed upon my face.

I chuckle before turning to see my children begin splashing me back.

We continue to fight and play.

Letting the time pass by slowly.

***

We walk back to shore, I used my magic to dry ourselves off.