Chapter 28:All Good things must Go

****
A few months before:

New Orleans

Elijah- Brother, why would she do this? Kill herself? What did she mean by you will never find her?

Elijah saying sadly as he held the cold gray body of Cassandra.

Klaus stood shocked as everything happened so quickly.

Klaus- I have no idea as to why.

Elijah- Are you absolutely sure that you do not know this woman?

Klaus- I have never seen her before today. She was at the tavern, remember. Alongside that woman that I collided with.

Elijah- Well, she seems to know you. Why would she kill herself if she didn't?

Klaus couldn't wrap his head around her final words.

What did she mean, you will never find her?

I have no idea to whom she was referring, maybe she is an enemy I've made in my past.

Perhaps I killed someone dear to her.

Maybe she knew of Katerina, I have not stopped my search in finding her.

How she'd managed to remain hidden from me all these years, I'll never know.

Elijah- Brother, we should give her a proper burial.

Klaus- If you wish it, Elijah. I can't be bothered by such things any longer. We will put this to rest.

Elijah- How can you be so cold, an innocent woman has died? Surely you have an ounce of compassion left in your body.

Klaus-(yells) I will not be made an example of, stop looking for a way to save me, brother. This girl brought this on to herself. If she were so innocent she would have not killed herself.

Elijah-Obviously there is something we don't know.

Klaus just sighs before walking out of the room. Elijah scolds him as he left, looking back at the girl in his arms.

He gently scooped her in his arms, carrying her out of the basement.

*****

Elijah-Rebecca! Where are you?

Rebecca-Yes! What is all the shouting for?

Rebecca looks over the balcony to see Elijah carrying a dead woman in his arms.

She speeds off to him, worried and confused as to why there was a stranger in her brother's arms.

Rebecca- I leave for a minute to find you like this. Who is this girl?

Elijah-Just help me bury her in the cemetery, we were integrating her but she wouldn't confess to anything. She killed herself before we could continue.