Chapter 5: The Other One

****
2 weeks past

Maria's POV:

We've adapted quite well here at the Salvatore Estate.
Katherine especially who I have noticed has grown close to the Salvatore brothers.

Damon arrived a week ago from fighting in the war, it wasn't long before he was taken with Katherine.

They seem like sweet boys but if I know Katherine, she is not the type to settle on just one.

She wants everything regardless of who gets harmed in the process.

I've never seen this side of her before but she has changed a lot since I've been gone.

My Pregnancy is going along quicker then we expected. The babies every day are kicking more and more. Emily keeps an eye on their progress and mines. 

Emily believes in less than a month the babies will be here. She has given me herbal drinks to help with my symptoms.

My hunger grows and my moods have become more aggressive.

Even drinking human blood has become difficult, my body is now rejecting it. For now until Emily knows the cause for it, I am drinking animals blood.

Maria-(angry) If I have to drain another rabbit, I'll burn the whole forest myself.

Katherine- M, you know you have to drink it. You need your strength. We don't want you to starve.

Emily- She is right, I could try to see if the ancestors know something. First I will need some of your blood.

Emily walked over, placed my hand over a bowl as she lightly pricked my finger with a blade. Filling the bowl a quarter of the way.

Emily- I will come back with any news.

Katherine- Thank you, Emily. Maria, would you like to go into town with me?

Maria-(grins) I suppose why not. Could you ask one of the handmaidens to help me get dressed? I can barely see the ground with this belly of mine.

Katherine- Of course, I will call one of them in. I'll have the carriage ready when you are. I will be downstairs.

Maria- Thank you Katherine. Have you seen Thomas, this morning?

Katherine- I believe he is out in the field with Stefan, playing a game I'm not sure.

Maria- Do you suppose he will be fine?

Katherine- Maria, dear Thomas is a man now not a little boy. He can manage on his own, don't  worry. Let's get you dressed.

Maria-(laughs) Alright!

****

We arrived in town,  katherine calling out to the driver to stop the carriage. It stopped in front of a small shop.

Katherine helped me out of the carriage, I wrapped my arm with hers as we walked up to the shop.

Maria- What are we doing here?