Chapter 16: Its My Party!

*****

5 days later..

Cassandra- Okay, Make sure those flowers are outside in the yard and two inside the house by the staircase.

Cassandra ordered the helpers before seeing the staff bring out the cake. I walk through the living room just as the cake was being brought out, the weight from the cake making them tip it over slightly. Luckily I was close enough and helped them carry it back to the dining table.

Cassandra- Be careful with that, please.

She mouths to me thank you as I walk over to her.

Maria- You okay Cass?

Cassandra- I just want everything to be perfect, Sorry.

Maria- It's okay, it's just a party. You are doing a great job of organizing. Take a break and I will see over everything.

Cassandra- Thanks, M.

Aidan comes out of the kitchen with a pastry in hand. While stuffing his face, he smiles at both of us.

Aidan- You outdid yourself sis, this is so good.

Cassandra-(angry) Aidan, these are for the guests.

She tries to reach for the sweet, he laughs before eating it whole.

Cassandra groans in frustration before storming off upstairs into her room.

Aidan-(laughs) Love you, sis. What, it's one sweet.

I look at him with a half-serious face, shaking my head at him.

Maria-(laughs) Your sister is under a lot of stress. You are not helping.

Aidan- Okay, Okay. I'm yours, anything I can help with?

Maria- Yes, um you could see if the outside is set up. The flowers and decorations should be up right now.

Aidan- I am on it, my love.

He kisses me quickly on the cheek before heading outside, I smile as I hear him giving out orders.

I go make sure the cooks and everything in the kitchen are going smoothly.

Cassandra told me she invited all of her close friends and as well as the town's community. 

We had two hours before the party and I made sure everything was going right, Thomas was upstairs making sure the girls were dressed and ready for the party.

Luckily Vivian worked her magic in time as we got the dresses last night. The girls were obsessed with their dresses. It took a lot of bribery so they would not wear them before the party. They reminded me of the ones I used to wear as a girl.

I wish my family was here to see it, they would have loved this and them.

I continued helping out, making sure everything was perfect before going upstairs and getting ready for the party.