~10~ Compromised

➢𝗔 𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗜𝗡 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘 (𝗦𝗢𝗥𝗧 𝗢𝗙)➢

↱ Never thought that you would be, standing here so close to me
There's so much I feel I should say
But words can wait
Until some other day ↲
―𝘒𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘒𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘯, 𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘉𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘈 𝘓𝘰𝘯𝘨, 𝘓𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘛𝘪𝘮𝘦

⟶𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 10: 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒅⟵

-𝙹𝙰𝙽𝚄𝙰𝚁𝚈 𝟿𝚃𝙷, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟺-

𝚆𝙰𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝙳.𝙲.

"Welcome to the Smithsonian." A voice announces over the loudspeaker of a museum.

Steve Rogers and Dani Rockland-Rogers examine the exhibits dedicated to the Captain's surprising return to the world, after 70 years.

"A symbol to the nation. A hero to the world. The story of Captain America is one of honor, bravery, and sacrifice." The voice informs the crowd of excited people.

The two walk past a wall that has Steve in his signature uniform plastered across it, the man wearing a hat to somewhat conceal his identity. As grateful as he is for being considered a role model, a hero―looking at his own origin story is somewhat disheartening for the blonde, due to the fact that he had been focusing primarily on adjusting to modern times. Getting out of a fixed mindset that things are different now.

"Denied enlistment due to poor health, Steven Rogers was chosen for a program unique in the annals of American warfare. One that would transform him into the world's first super-soldier."

Steve had told Dani many stories about his past missions, about his friends and allies from long ago, and the little girl found them all incredibly thrilling ... Though always bittersweet.

"Captain America and his Howling Commandos quickly earned their stripes."

On display is a projection of all the men onto the wall of the museum, their respective outfits worn as well.

"Their mission, taking down HYDRA. The Nazi rogue science division."

Dani then walks over to the next exhibit that catches her eye, and it's the one about Bucky Barnes.

She recognizes the name. Her Dad's best friend.

The blonde SuperSoldier follows behind her slowly, in order not to lose her among the crowd, and immediately his heart feels like sinking to the floor. In fact, it does.