~16~ Final Plan(s)

➢𝗔𝗡 𝗘𝗫𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗣𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗦➢

『That feeling that doesn't go away just did
And I walked a thousand miles to prove it
And I'm caught in the crossfire of my own thoughts
The color of my blood is all I see on the rocks
As you sail from me
―𝘌𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘎𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘔𝘺 𝘉𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥

⟶𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 16: 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒏(𝒔)⟵

-𝙹𝙰𝙽𝚄𝙰𝚁𝚈 𝟷𝟸𝚃𝙷, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟺-

𝚆𝙰𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚃𝙾𝙽 𝙳.𝙲.

"It was him."

The van occupying Steve Rogers, Dani Rockland, Sam Wilson, Natasha Romanoff, and two unidentified S.H.I.E.L.D. guards are silent.

Captain America has his hands secured together inside a metal restraint. Far more intense than the simpler handcuffs covering his adoptive daughter and two friends, for understandable reasons.

But beyond that the facial features of the blonde SuperSoldier are distraught, his gaze darkened by the mass of thoughts brewing within his mind from the altercation taking place with the Winter Soldier.

No, not the Winter Soldier, Bucky.

James Barnes. His best friend.

Someone who he would tell countless stories of their wild adventures to the little girl in his care, wishing that she had gotten the opportunity to meet him.

The man who he was supposed to be with, 'until the end of the line'.

But now, he didn't know where that line was. For it had been so long, and most importantly―Steve had watched Bucky fall to his death in '44.

He should be dead.

But he isn't.

He's alive and doesn't seem to remember who he actually is.

And unfortunately, in addition, doesn't seem to recognize Steve either.

Or so he thought.