4: the people

When Felix and the rest came to Hyunjin's base, he didn't expect to see a part of Hyunjin that he was willing to accept.

Tag(s): weapon imageries, mentions of abuse, mentioned human trafficking

━━

The moment Chan and the rest stepped inside the base they once infiltrated; everyone felt the air shift. It was like the tension grew thicker, the way their knives would howl and scream to slice anyone; it was like their backs are being watched, not just by one, but by several men, their heads pitting under a target and if they ever make a mistake within that one meter of safe space that they have, their heads would burst open and explode into nothingness.

Felix's heart was beating madly. It was due to a lot of reasons—starting from the way Jisung held his hand tightly, foregoing the need to clutch on his pistol in his pocket, the way his eyes are staggering from looking and catching that one certain long black hair that he would be able to recognize anywhere and the way Seungmin poked his head and told him to be cautious.

Seungmin already oriented them that their earpieces were hacked, that some of their information were probably sold to the organization and Minho, that one opposing leader, the one that requested them to be taken under his wing, which Chan vigorously refused to, already knew the essentials that may put them into harm. Seungmin knew that what they were doing was already dangerous as it is.

But here he is, breathing harshly against his lips, trying to calm himself down the way Felix was doing.

The hallway they're currently in was free from any human forms, it was just dark, a few light dangling on the side walls were illuminating their way and the destination was nowhere to be found. Outside, it was already huge enough, but inside, they wouldn't even know what and where the end would be as they began to walk around and through the wood covering floor that they were brought to by one of the armed men.

To be safe, as they told them, they were allowed to use and bring their very own firearms and weapons. They weren't even checked thoroughly and were just pulled to the entrance and turned at least two directions before they ended up being pushed through the seemingly endless path.

They have heard some footsteps, even the light giggling that Felix swore he knew so well. Chan put the rest into a halt and held his arms protectively above, desperately trying to hide the other three teammates he has to his back.

"You've got to chill, man." The once sinister voice that tempted Felix for so long was back, kicking and glorious as ever as an arm wrapped on his neck, successfully pushing Jisung away from his body.

Everyone figured who it was. It didn't need so much from the beginning to finally put a name to that voice and to that antics that they were supposed to be prepared for. Chan tightened his fist.

"Let Felix go." His voice was stern, almost wanting to make Felix believe that Hyunjin would actually let him go. Chan began to think about how Felix was abducted from him and was returned scathed; he wanted to curse.

Felix didn't feel any remorse or fear—he actually felt nothing. The arms around his neck tightened, threatening to cut the air source of his body, yet Felix was relaxed and latent against Hyunjin's arms. His eyes went from Seungmin and his furrowed brows, Jisung with his fist inside his pocket, ready to pull it out and shoot Hyunjin, and then to Chan who was probably calculating their every movement, a blade hidden under his glove.