Chapter 11 the deadly case of deadline

Hello everyone, Naintarlow here.

Cover: The newspaper club sitting in a newspaper office with Gin wearing a hat that had the label editor on it, shouting orders at the others. Tsukune was trying not to fall over, balancing a huge stack of documents in his hands, while Kurumu sat at a desk, looking like a typical secretary, sending heart-shaped glances to the black-haired teen. Yukari and Lambo were lounging around the water cooler, talking while each of them was holding a cup of water. Moka, in a beautiful suit, was sitting in front of a computer, shyly brushing a lock behind her ear, a picture standing next to the computer, sowing Ura Moka grinning. Next to her, Tsuna was leaning on her desk in causal clothes, holding up a camera, laughing at something.

Tsuna stared a little dumbly at the older teen standing before his door, eyebrow raised in obvious confusion.

"What do you mean I got mail?" he asked dumbly. It's not like the school had a real, usable address, something he knew should have raised a red flag in his head when he applied to the school. That was the reason his mother could not send the pack Reborn sent him but had to ask Lambo to do it, so the idea was more than suspicious to get mail out of nowhere.

The tall teen standing before him was a second year, a classmate of Gin if he was not mistaken. At first glance, unlike a large part of the school, he looked like a genuine, normal human. He had a thin frame, looked as if a larger wind could topple him over but he had a straight, confident posture. He had an average, freckled face, shoulder-length ginger hair that framed his face, and brown eyes. He lacked even that otherwordly beauty and charm that some monsters, like Moka, Kurumu, and even Gin displayed. He was just simply average. Instead of a school uniform, he wore some kind of post office uniform, similar to what he saw on TV once in an American show.

"This arrived yesterday evening for you." he explained with a polite smile as he held up a large package without the lightest strain on him."There are not a lot of people who got a post out here in school, but there some youkai clans who are too isolated or just see no point to invest in human inventions like the telephone, so they needed a way to reach their children. Also, in case a student needed something from home, there was a need for a way to send those items here and not to overwork the bus driver. Though it's not really advertised, large and old families aware of the system built by the headmaster and most people send it the same way they sent their applications to the school but it's get redirected to our office."

He looked very proud as he explained about this post system, something that Tsuna heard about for the first time since he came here. It didn't sit well with his inner mafioso that something significant like that escaped his attention when he surveyed the school and the various people in here.

"What office you are talking about." he asked, not making any effort to mask his curiosity as he took the box, surprised for a moment by its heavy weight. Thankfully he was also a bit stronger than his size and age would suggest but he soon decided to place it down next to him as he turned back to the older student.

"Well, the office of the post office club, of course." replied far too cheerfully the teen wearing a postman's uniform.

"Post office club? I don't even remember finding something like that on the after school activities club's day." he replied blandly, eying him with faint suspicion. He did make sure to take stock of every possible club for the sake of finding the sanest bunch where he could weather the storm that was called the youkai academy safely. Of course, in further inspection, the newspaper club was also not represented, save for their sensei's shameless plugs, though at that time they only had one member so that may be the reason.