Chapter 15 Showdown

Hello my dear viewers, NainTarlow checking in

Despite my initial plans, the battle between Tsuna's group and Saru, Mei and Shikaku drags on even longer. I hope you are enjoying it, I'm having a lot of fun writing in, though I also wish to advance with the plot. I also begin starting a sort of side-story at the end of the chapter. It was originally a long, stand-alone chapter but I thought it would be better to release it in parts as a side-story so I won't have to stop with progressing the Rosario side of the plot.

"You are exactly the type that I absolutely hate! Do you think you are such a big shot with that stupid power of yours and girls hanging around you? Well, I will tell you that you are nothing more but a stupid, insolent nobody. And someone like you has no business hanging around my Kurumu-chan." Nagare panted as he glared at Tsukune a few feet away, trying uselessly to pour out more of his poison gas while his body was busy sweating out the oily substance which was solely responsible for his avoiding being squatted by an enraged Tsukune.

"Please, as if you have any business telling who can be around me." Kurumu shot back furiously despite lying on the ground, barely able to move. Let it never be said she wouldn't think twice badmouthing idiots despite her situation. "And for your information, my Tsukune is a hundred times the man you are, he is my Destined One after all."

The teen in question didn't have a witty comeback on his lips and could only offer an animalistic growl as Tsukune tried his very best to cling into the fading embers of the dying will flame. Unfortunately, several minutes passed since the start of this 'battle' without anything to show for it, neither side able to score a direct hit. The flames on his forehead almost completely disappeared and he knew if that happened, despite his slightly better than average human fitness level, he would have no chance of winning.

They found themselves stuck at the moment, both of them unable to land a decisive blow or incapacitate the other.

Tsukune while he had the power to easily defeat Nagare was unable to land a hit thanks to the slug's ability to slip away from him at the last second. On the other hand, his opponent was simply lacking the strength to knock out the human. His usual tactics resolved the use of his poison gas which was unexpectedly rendered ineffective by Tsukune wild swings which picked up enough wind to disperse what his body could produce.

Gritting his teeth, Nagare tried his hardest to force his body to keep going. He was quite weak physically, his other abilities serving him well to get say if he ever found himself in a fight but this fight was not one he could lose. Not only would he lose his Kurumu-chan who he was convinced that belonged to him but he was also well aware of what Shikaku would do to him if he failed. And if nothing else he had a great sense of self-preservation.

Unfortunately, his body's ability to emit his poisonous gas was at its limit with nothing to show for it. That meant even his plan to tire Tsukune out so it would affect him was out of the window.

Behind the brunet he saw Kurumu trying to get up, her arms sluggishly but slowly responding to her commands, meaning the poison in her was wearing out too. Nagare gained a cruel smile on his face as a thought struck him. It was time for desperate measures.

Catching the two in front of him off-guard instead of running away like he did before, the slug youkai suddenly charged forward. Tsukune, while he felt something was off, decided to do the same, running forward, his right arm cocked back for a punch, planning to use this chance to end the fight finally.

Just when the two fighters were about to meet, Nagare caught him off-guard as he slowly dipped low, using the natural flexibility of his body to get under his guard but instead of exploiting the opening and dealing very little damage with his strength, he ran past him, his eyes fixed on his real target, the still mostly paralyzed Kurumu.