Chapter 18 Revelations and friendship

Nain Tarlow checking in as usual.

Finally, it has been a long while but I finished the freelancer attack arc. It went a lot longer than anticipated but I had a lot of fun writing it and hope you guys enjoyed it too. I hope you enjoyed the various twists in this chapter, the light-hearted fun and the revelations about Tsuna. Of course he didn't come completely clean but it's expected he is a mafioso at heart.

One thing I noticed are a few complaints about how I weakened Tsuna and dragged out the illness. There is a reason for that: obviously it wouldn't be a good poison used by Tsuna's enemies if he recovered easily and without problems. Do I use it to focus a bi on other characters and give a legitimate reason why Tsuna won't go hyper dying will against every enemy? Absolutely. But don't worry his time will come soon. So please bear with it.

Sorry I had to get it off my chest. Next chapter or chapters depending on the length will tie up a few loose ends, and a little slice of life before jumping into the main conflict that I planned for this part of the story.

Please feel free to share what you thought of this chapter in comments, I always enjoy reading about your thoughts. I will try to update as soon as I can but because of my new work and other stories I also focus on, it might be a little late but I will do my best to provide you with a new chapter soon.

Enjoy the story.

Cover: Tsuna wearing a fine suit, the jacket draped over his shoulders is sitting in a large ormanted chair. Behind him on the wall was the Vongola's mark in its full glory. Tsuna had a gun in one hand and a lit cigar in the other, with his old sets of guardians standing at his side, all of them in suits. Gokudera, Lambo and Ryohei to his right and Yamamoto, Chrome and Hibari on his other side.

Tsukune and the others could only watch with wide eyes and Tsuna stared down coldly at Saru and pulled the trigger of his gun. Even after what they went through, none of them could imagine killing their enemies in cold blood.

Gin and Haiji looked on silently, not making a move to interpret Tsuna, or even objecting verbally. Though Gin was watching the former mafioso's like a hawk, observing every one of his actions.

Lambo simply lowered his head, hiding his eyes from the others but refused to look away.

As the loud sound of a gun firing rang through the clearing, most of them closed their eyes in reflex, not wanting to see Tsuna killing someone in cold blood.

Then the sound of the gun firing filled the silent clearing and for a long moment, nobody even dared to breathe. Then time resumed and those who closed their eyes had to open them to face up with the consequences of Tsuna's decision.

Saru, the only one of their enemies to be conscious stared at the gun unblinkingly, ignoring the bullet that barely missed his face, ending in the ground.

"Why?" it wasn't the golem youkai who asked the question but Tsuna who stared at the hand on his wrist with an impassive face.

The hand that belonged to his vampire companion, who grabbed his hand and yanked it off target just as he fired.

She was looking at him, not quite glaring but there was some anger behind the impassive mask she had on as they looked at each other. Her hold on him was not as strong as it could have been but strong enough to veer his aim off and he couldn't break free with his limited human strength. At least not easily.

And somehow he got the feeling that Moka had figured him enough to know he was lucky to even be able to stand straight at the moment, the consequences of abusing dying will state for so long, especially with using Zero Point Breakthrough in tandem already hitting his ill body.