Chapter 8

"I can explain."

"Damn right you can."

"Lexa was only picking up some homework" she lied.

"What?" a confused Raven dropped her bag to the floor. "Homework? This late?"

"Fuck, well yeah, I don't know, kid needed homework."

"Clarke you're lying. ." 

"No..."

"Bullshit, you know I know so cut to the chase."

"Okay okay. "

Clarke takes a sit away from Raven not knowing how her friend will react.

"Lexa is the 18 year old I slept with" 

"Well I didn't expect that. Clarke you could lose your job, this is insane, you're insane.!

"Fuck Raven I know...what did you expect?"

"Nothing, I came because Finn is in town and coming for dinner. I thought you two got back so I got dramatic that you didn't feel the need to share this with me." Raven heads to the kitchen "I need a drink."

"Finn is coming to dinner?"

"You fucked Lexa!"

"Raven I like her."

"I know, she's all you've talked about now that I have a face to the 18 year old, it all makes sense why you went after her at the mountains, she's the reason why you enjoy your classes."

"I would have gone after anyone."

"You hate those kids. "

"Hate is a strong word but bottom line is we are running late for dinner, can we please continue this after."

"Sure, just tell Octavia after."

That was easy, Clarke thought.

Raven can be a hard head sometimes, so for her to drop this like a penny is alarming. She will defiantly need Octavia to diffuse whatever this is. 

"Do you know who else will be at this dinner?"

"Don't know, don't care, its free food but the list keeps getting longer."

Clarke rushes to her room to finish up getting ready.

***

The Restaurant is exquisite and very modest with a touch of richness. Their table was far ahead, it was a large table, Clarke just how many people were invited. She knows her had emailed her the list but unfortunately the email got deleted and didn't care much about it anyway, though now reading the damn thing would have been a bright idea instead of being blindsided.

"Clarke, Raven just in time." Abby great them with motherly hugs.

Octavia, Finn, and Lincoln were already sited. And two strange faces. Lets not forget Jake the father of the year.

"Hope we are not late mom." Clarke walks over to her daddy..."Dad you look handsome."

"Thank you dear, hope you good. You too Raven." Jake lets out.

"Our other guests are not here yet, Clarke, Raven this is Titus and Diyoza woods." She points at the two strange now not strange faces. "Am sure you know there children...oh here they are."

Clarke does not look bothered as she takes her sit next to Finn. Reminding herself she needed to have a talk with him. Now that she was with Lexa, her relationship with Finn needs to decline.

Raven looks over at the two, no three other people about to be included at the table and drops her eyes to focus on texting Bellamy.

Noticing Raven become tense pushes Clarke to find Lexa, Anya and Ontari saying hi to her parents and the others before taking their seats.