PART ll (16)

She stood by the window in the  house she bought three months ago. Playing with the bracelet on her wrist. 

Today she decided to host a party for Madi, just because she can. Finn helped her out with the little girl so she can prepare everything without destruction. However she got a text 30 minutes ago from Anya telling her that Lexa was coming over to see Madi. This could either go well or worse than she thought. She can only hope Finn arrives before Lexa does.

Lexa does not pick Madi alone from Clarke, she always sent Anya to do it, so this is a surprise. They have not seen each other properly since the birth of there daughter. No one even told her that Lexa would be in the delivery room, she was happy and in pain. Lexa was panicking asking the Doctor all kinds of question about the little girl's health. 

"You okay? " Raven asked from where she stood behind her .

"I don't know." 

Just then the sound of an engine pulling outside her driveway.

Clarke sighs heavily and walks to the door. Two years is a long time. And even though they talked through the phone, it was mostly to talk about the pregnancy and when Madi came along, is was Madi this and that. Face timing here and chatting only to Madi, well as far as talking to a two year old can go and Clarke loved seeing her green eyed beauty trying but she also envied her daughter.

However Lexa has warned her several times not to allow Finn to spend time with their daughter but her stubborn self does not listen. She just hopes today won't go as bad as it would. With everyone here, Madi's friends, her parents, friends and neighbours, making a scene is the last thing on her mind right now.

She opens the door. Lexa is wearing Champion's sport outfit, black Jordan,  and a beanie. Hair let down in curls. The weather is kind of breezy today but that's if you're outside.

"Hello Clarke." 

Her beautiful eyes covered by dark glasses.

"Hey"

"Madi?" She knows about the party. In Clarke's defence she didn't know the young lady was back in polis.

No one seems to bother to tell her when Lexa is in the same proximity as her. Just like when she showed up in the delivery room. It was beautiful and magical and as scared as she was Lexa still held the baby and had the doctor run several tests.

"She went to buy ice cream."

"with who?" 

"Lexa, you can come in and wait inside. I also didn't know that you are coming, that is why I didn't think of telling you about the party, it's just a party for kids."

"Who?"

"Finn, but that is only because he offered to help me out." 

She takes off her glasses. "People don't change." She says, looking off to the side. She steps forward, invading her personal space. "I'll wait then."

They stare at each other for more than necessary, wanting to touch each other, feel each other's lips and hold on to that light that once existed.

"Sure, let's go to the kitchen, everyone else is in the living room." Her bare feet are soundless compared to the light foot steps behind her. She can feel eyes ranking her body, then landing on her ass in her white dress. "Can I get you something?"

She asks just when Lexa's phone vibrates, she sits on a stool and starts texting who ever it is.

Not everyone knows about Lexa being the other parent. The town is full on gossip and it spreads like a virus. Her flying out of the country was helpful and a good idea as it really helped. Her few neighbors she associates with don't know about Lexa and her being her former student either.