(18)

A place that could have made the pages of Archectual Digest, if Lexa decided to do something about her home.

On the walls, an eclectic mix of Japanese, Mark Rothko paintings and Lexa's latest find, a moody and magnificent Edward Hopper oil.  Clarke was amazed, the place was much different from the last time she was here.

On the floors, antique Tabriz carpets over Brazilian rosewood.

Soaring ceilings, pale Cherry furniture, low white silk sofas and fresh flowers messed in beautiful Steuben vases and bowls. 

She moved around the place wanting to memorize everything that added a touch to her girlfriend. She was so much in love with the girl, the only thing the distance did to her was manifest that love in different parts of her being. Clarke did not just love her, she was in love with her, no amount of distance could change that.

She really wants to talk to Lexa but also wants to keep this fresh mood Lexa seems to be in at the moment. And no she still doesn't know how long Lexa will be here in Polis, which means she must use her time wisely.

"What are you thinking of?" Lexa asked. 

Her breath smelled like cigarettes, Clarke hates that smile. No offense to those who smokes including Lexa the stench is suffocating. 

"How much two years has stolen from me." She stepped away from Lexa, avoiding the smell. "The tattoos, smoking, cussing and the excessive aggression, i can't have been blind."

"I see the smoking affects you." She deadpanned. "Anya thinks i cuss a lot too, and that's Anya speaking, so i will blame Jo for this one, however i have always been rude and aggressive to everyone but you on purpose . hasn't Raven been talking about me?"

Matter of fact Raven complained about Lexa every chance she got. She went as far as suggesting Lexa should get a personality transplant.

"You ....whose Jo?" Curiosity

"A friend." She kept it simple

Clarke wanted to question the "friend" further but what was the point? Then she stroked her hand slowly, slowly down the back of her neck. 

That was when she asked Lexa where she was to stay.

"Where else? In my bed of course." 

Clarke knew that Lexa was still holding on to the past while trying to cross to the future. The walls that fell apart where back up and much stronger. She needed to move at Lexa's pace and she will.

Lexa turned from her, walked mindlessly through the living room. Then she stood still, tilted her head and stared at the ceiling.

"Then i'm up....i'm so tired." Clarke started for stairs. Feeling nervous. what was Lexa thinking? Was she regretting let her stay? Was she planning on kicking her out?"

"You can wear any of my clothes to sleep in." 

Clarke nodded and rushed up there. Honestly she just wants to sleep like a baby and being in Lexa's bed where they conceived Madi was not going to help her case. She being sleeping in Lexa's sweatpants and hoodie she borrowed when she spent a night but they don't smell like the brunette anymore and sometimes frustrated the blonde. This was going to be her undoing.

When she changed into comfortable sweats, a loud sound got her rushing down stairs into the kitchen.

"Are you alright?" 

Lexa swung around and saw Clarke in the doorway. In the sweats, her gaze flew to the broken glass then to Clarke who was doing the same .

"Lexa what happened?"