(31)

A week later since the night bullets missed the targets. Clarke is talking with some kids at school about their grades. The bell goes off and she is left alone as the kids run to class. With empty halls and her heels sounding off like the place is empty she hears a voice that's becomes tormenting.

In an empty class she sees Lexa standing side by side with a brunette and Jaha in front of them. With the door not fully closed, she can get a good look at the woman and make up what they are saying. Why is she eavesdropping?

"Emily is swimmer good with sports, since your teacher is not yet back. She is good for temporary job." Sounding convincing.

"Well Lexa I didn't think you would pull this but thank you." He shakes Emily's hand "You and I can talk more tomorrow."

"No problem, Lexa I'll be in the car." Emily excused herself.

Clarke turned to face the other way, typing away on her phone as the woman passes her with wavy long hair, long legs and a nice shape. After she's out of sight. Clarke decides to just leave.

"So when is your gap year ending?" Jaha asked

"I told you its not a gap year..."

"Being a lawyer is all you've talked about, you can fool yourself but not me so cut to the chase and tell me when you're planning on going back to law school."

Is Clarke hearing right, Lexa going back to trikru. That place almost broke them into pieces and now. Maybe she's over thinking.

"Going back means sacrificing spending time with my daughter, I already missed a lot I don't want to do it again."

"Many parents go to work and miss some time apart from their kids, still does not mean they love them less. I'm sure Clarke would understand, just try to keep the communication alive this time.

Understand? What does he know, Lexa came back a total different person, if she goes this time who knows is she will come back ever. However they are not together, it would be selfish of her to want her to stay.

"Right now I'm enjoying my gap year, you and dad need to back off a little. I know what I'm doing."

"Hope so," he walks out of the door and Clarke pretends like she is just walking by the halls. She smiles at him and keeps walking. Lexa has not seen her yet but when they are standing in the halls and she sees blonde hair disappear in a class room she gets an urge to talk to the woman.

But that didn't happen.

****

"So what are you saying, that I should stay away from her?" Lexa questioned Dr. Green.

"No, Lexa let me tell you something off the book." She puts her book and pen aside and looks at Lexa head on. "You dumbed the woman, you made a choice and you have flirted with her since then openly trying to get in her pants and pull away whenever she gives in to you."

"Well I'm still in love with her and I have not kissed her yet even though I want to do so."

"Right because you want control." The woman pushes.

"That's what she said."

"Let's think of the times you lost control with her. The time you found out about Finn." She looks at Lexa for any disagreement but the girl is just eyeing her silently. "The time you saw him kiss her. When she got pregnant. Your daughter hanging out with Finn. The video which was an explosion."

"Your point?" feeling her band aid ripping off.

"You can't always be in control of situations and it's okay because that is life." She leans back in her chair "Jeez Lexa you are still young, let it go. Stop trying to change because you will end up hating your daughter."