04 | Where have you been?

"Elysia."

"Elysia."

"Elysia!"

She jumped, sitting up forcefully, and almost hitting Levi's head in the process.

Ely inhaled sharply, calming down from the shock as he took a step back and stared at the 11 year old in disgust.
"Why'd you do that?" She complained, running her hand over the top of her head.
Her hair was still in a tight bun, as she always wore it, even at night.
However, that didn't stop her bangs from being an immense mess after waking up.

"Commander Erwin and I want to talk to you. Get ready, I'll wait." He nodded, either to himself or Elysia? and left her room, slightly slamming the door.

"Weird.." She muttered to herself, but threw the covers off her body anyways.

For a moment, all Elysia did was stare into nothing, taking her time to fully wake up.
But, she flinched once more when a fist slammed on the door from the outside, creating a loud banging noise.
"Hurry up." She heard the monotone voice of Corporal Levi, and almost rolled her eyes. Almost.

"I'm coming.." She grumbled, getting up to grab her clothes.

Black blouse, black skirt and black boots. As always.
Once she had the outfit, she got to her hair.
She took out the old hair tie, that was holding her bun together at night, and grabbed a new one from the counter, just as Levi always did when he had to do her hair.

Using the mirror to quickly brush out her hair and tie it into a new bun, she put the hairbrush back into it's place, and grabbed Levi's cravat.
After wrapping it around the bun, she tucked the front strands that were falling out behind her ears and left her room.

"Can you tell me why Erwin wants to talk?" Elysia asked the older man, slightly swaying from side to side on her feet as they were walking.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because I said so. And it's Commander Erwin to you."

Elysia looked up at him for a second, before turning ahead again.
"Yes.." She mumbled, crossing her arms.

It took no longer than a minute for them to arrive, and just as Levi was about to knock at the door, Elysia beat him to it and just barged in.
"Good Morning Commander Erwin~" She sang with a stoic expression on her face, walking to stand in front of his desk.

Erwin warily smiled at her, but was sure to send Levi somehwat of a disapproving glance as he stood up.

The black haired man stomped in after Elysia, glaring at her back while she tried to ignore him.
"How many times do I need to tell you, you can't just barge-"

"Levi, it's fine. I'll have a talk with her later, we have more important matters right now." Erwin interrupted him, going back to his usual, serious self.

Levi frowned, but complied, leaning back on the wall next to the door.

Elysia looked from Erwin to Levi, and back to Erwin.
"What kind of matters would that be?" She stared at the commander with big eyes.

"Well, Levi and I have already had a conversation about this, and I would like you to listen, without interrupting me." He said sternly, looking right back at her.
She sighed, but nodded anyway, going to sit down in one of the chairs.

"Good. As I said, Levi and I have come to the conclusion that you can't go on like this. You need the proper training to really join the military.
Levi and I have our own duties, and you can't depend on either of us to train you,"