02 | Family Legacies

A piercing scream made it's way to Elysia's ears as she kept on running. Her lungs were practically screaming for her to stop and take a break, but she was too determined to give up now.

"Mommy?" She yelled, abruptly coming to a stop.
Spinning around, she kept on me looking.
Not even realizing what she's gotten herself into, the adrenaline kept her going.

"Elysia?"

"Mother?"

She rushed to the woman who was laying on the floor, not moving.

"You need to get up so we can leave." The 8 year old started pulling at her mothers arms, only for the woman to whimper in pain.

"Elysia, I can't move my legs or arms. You need to get out of here. Find someone from the Military Police and have them guard you to safety." The dark haired woman looked up at the fragile girl with teary eyes.

"Mommy, I'm not leaving you here."

Thump

Thump

Thump

Another scream. The titans were coming closer and closer.

"Elysia, please." She let go of her child's hands.

"No mommy, I'm going to save you." Elysia stood up, hastily running towards her house. There wasn't too much damage, but that didn't stop Elysia from worrying that it might break down on her.

She rushed into the kitchen grabbing the nearest thing she could defend herself with from a titan, which was a pair of scissors and a kitchen knife.

The girl ran out to her mother as quickly as her short legs could move.

Thump

Thump

Thump

Elysia's hands were shaking as she stared at the 7 meter tall figure in front of her.

The titan was ugly, that was out of question. It had short blonde hair, similar to her hair, just darker. It somewhat looked similar to herself, but there was no time for those kind of thoughts at the moment.

Elysia was finally brought back to reality when the titan brought its hand towards the child, ready to pick her up and eat her. Ignoring her mothers screams to leave, she quickly dodged the creature and did her best to push her mother out of the way, so that she could distract the titan for as long as possible.

Ensuring her mother was out of sight from the titan, she ran across the street to enter a house that stood slightly taller than the rest. She barged in, to no surprise finding it empty.

She jumped up the stairs, making her way to the attic. The titan followed her movements, and with what little intelligence it had, decided it needed to destroy the house.

Just as Elysia reached the rooftop of the house, the titan made a fist with its hand and destroyed the first story.

Elysia however, had enough time to jump of the roof and land on top of the disgusting creature, her actions making her mother cry out in worry.

Elysia used her scissors and knife to make her way towards the head of the titan, steam rising up from the wounds as she stabbed its back over and over again.

The titan tried swatting her off, and even biting her, but its neck was way too short to properly reach her.

How do I even kill this thing?

In all honesty, she had no idea what she was even doing.
Her mother may not have been against the idea of her venturing outside of the walls one day, but never had she wanted to teach her daughter how to properly defend herself when face to face with a titan, either.
Even if, at that moment, her nine year old brain had already forgotten everything she thought she knew.