07 | Dreaming in a Nightmare

aot chapter 138 spoilers below, but not in the chapter i just wanna share this

i fucking love pain
i just looked at eremika animations on tiktok and started crying again 😐 it's been weeks since the manga ended and i'm still crying whenever i see them 😐 what is this 😐

spoiler end

"You trainees have all passed the final training exercise, and now are full fledged soldiers. We expect great things from you."

Elysi hastily ran around the HQ after refilling her gas, right next to Mikasa.

"Are you okay, Armin?" They heard Eren call out and turned their heads.
The blonde boy was shaking, struggling to get all his equipment together.
"I-I'm fine. I'll get over it soon enough. B-But we're in bad shape. We currently don't have the means to patch an eight meter hole... We never even managed to dig up that big rock near the front gate! Since we can't seal the hole, we'll have to abandon the town. It's only a matter if time before they breach Wall Rose! Besides, they can wipe out humanity whenever they want, anyway!" He got carried away, not stopping with his rambling.

"Armin! Calm down.. Things are different now. Humanity won't be defeated by Titans anymore!" Eren put his hand on Armin's arm.

"Sorry. I'm all right."

"Just follow your training! Split into groups! Under the Garrison's orders, you will resupply combatants, relay orders, and kill Titans! Garrison intercept forced will form the vanguard! Trainees, led by the supply team, and ill comprise the middle guard! The Garrison's elite forces will form the rearguard. Also, messengers report that the advance team has been neutralized. The outer gate has been comprised, and Titans have entered the city. In other words, the Armored Titan may appear at any time, to destroy the inner gate!"

Elysia's eyes slightly widened, as her lips were in a thin line.
Her hands felt clammy behind her back, and she couldn't stop herself from shaking.

Just like five years ago..

The cadets, now soldiers, started mumbling along themselves in worry.

"Silence! As we speak, the vanguard is engaging them. We have but one objective in this fight: to defend Wall Rose with out lives until the evacuation is complete! Also, as you are all surely aware, desertion in the face of the enemy is punishable by death. Mark this well, and fight to your last dying breath! Dismissed!"

"Yes, sir!" Eri saluted.

Everyone was all over the place. With one look to her right, Elysia could see a boy throwing his guts out, Historia comforting him and Jean looking like he was having a mental breakdown.

She cracked her knuckles as she let her eyes sweep over the place, trying to spot at least one out of three familiar faces.

Upon spotting her, the short girl immediately jogged over to Mikasa.
"Mika.. Have you seen Armin around?"
The ravenette shook her head, before grabbing Eri's arm and pulling her along.
"Let's go look inside."

Before they could get far, Mikasa halted upon hearing Eren and Jean's voices.

"... Since you want to join the Survey Corps, I'm sure you're ready to become Titan food anytime! But I was going to the Interior tomorrow!"
Jean yelled at Eren, grabbing him by the collar roughly. Mikasa began walking towards the two.

"Calm down!" Eren yelled back.

"I'm supposed to stay calm and die?"

"No! Don't forget those three years of hell we endured! In the past three years, we almost died so many times... Some of us really did die. Some ran, and some were kicked out... But we made it! Didn't we? So we can make it through today! You'll survive today, and go to the interior tomorrow, right?" Eren slammed Jean against a pillar, before letting him go when he was done talking.