01 | To you, 2000 years from now

y'all i have a voice for Elysia now!!
I think Kanata Aikawa fits her really well :)
i saw her voice Ai Ohto from Wonder Egg Priority and instantly fell in love with her voice.
also this chapter is really long and kind of unnecessary, but i had nothing else to do.

"Eri-Chan~ Dr. Jaeger and Eren are here to pick you up. Come along."
The 8 year old sprung up from her seat and ran past her mother, sprinting downstairs to where her friend was waiting for her.
Eren Yeager, son of Carla Yeager, who was a lifelong friend of her mothers.

"Eren!" She stopped right before the teal eyed boy, smiling at him.
"Hello, Eri."

"Have fun, dear. Don't get into too much trouble, okay?"
Without even looking back at her mother, Elysia nodded and grabbed Eren's hand, dragging him with her.

Grisha chuckled, nodding Elysias mom goodbye before walking behind the two children.

"So, where are we going?" Eri asked as she let go of Eren's hand.
The young boy shrugged, glancing behind at his father.
It had started raining on the way to their destination, but that wasn't enough to bring down Eri's bubbly mood.

"We're visiting some friends of mine, the Ackerman's, they have a daughter too. Her name is Mikasa."

After a few minutes of walking a house came into view. Elysia pulled down the hood of her coat when they stood under the roof, where the rain couldn't reach.

"Mikasa?" Eren mumbled out after Grisha knocked.

"Yes. She's about your age. There aren't many children in these parts, so try to get along. " The man answered, turning towards the two.

"That depends on how she acts..." Elysia watched her friend look off to the side, and nearly rolled her eyes.

"Eren. That attitude is why you've only made two friends. Are they not home?"

Eri almost laughed at her friends' fathers words, but stopped when she noticed Eren glaring at her.
It was true though. Eren's only friends were herself, and a boy named Armin, whom she was good friends with as well. Although, it's not like she was any better at making friends..

Grisha knocked again. "Mr. Ackermann! It's Jaeger! Is anyone home?" He took it upon himself and just opened the door after nobody answered, again.

He halted midway, and let out an audible gasp.

"What's wrong, Mr. Jaeger?" Eri subconsciously reached after Eren's hand, who didn't mind at all.

"What is it, Dad?"

Grisha stepped in, revealing the gruesome sight to the two children.
A black haired woman lying on the floor, blood splattered everywhere.
The young girl gasped in horror, taking a step back.

"Too late. Eren, Elysia. Have you seen the girl - Mikasa - anywhere nearby?" The doctor went to check her pulse, but she was already dead.
Eri hesitantly shook her head, and Eren replied with a quiet "No.".

"I see... I'll get the Military Police and have them conduct a search! You two wait at the foot of the mountain. If anything happens, protect each other. Is that clear, Eren?!"
He ignored her, gripping Eri's hand tighter and tighter, to the point where she started hurting.

"Eren!"

"Eren? What are you doing, your Father told us to wait." Elysia quietly spoke, still in shock from what she saw earlier.

"Yeah, as if. I'm going to go look for Mikasa!" Eren scoffed, a determined look on his face.
"You stay here, and run away if anybody approaches you. You're crazy fast anyways..."
But before he could get far, he heard small footsteps behind him, and the white haired girl took a hold of his sleeve as she started walking next to him.