05 | Easy as that

^ elysia's casual outfit yay. just imagine it without the bag and tighter at the waist. also i know reiner didn't sit with bertolt or annie, but idc.
also i really want to get the training part over quickly, so i'll try to include it all in this chapter.

"And that's why I'm here now."

Elysia finished her little story, sitting patiently as Mikasa was finishing up her hair. The taller girl had offered to make her a new bun, while Ely would tell her what happened over the past three years.

"So... you're practically an Ackerman now.." Mikasa finished tying the red headband, and sat back on the bunk bed.

Elysia turned around to look at her friend and nodded with a small smile.

"Like a sister..."

Mikasa looked down to her lap, her cheeks heating up as she spoke.
Though she wasn't looking at her, Elysia saw her give a small smile and quickly nodded, turning red herself.
"Yeah.. Anyways, we should head to dinner. I need food."

The white haired girl got up from the bed and grabbed Mikasa's sleeve.
Now it was her turn to drag someone behind her.

Upon entering the cafeteria-like room, Mikasa immediately left to go sit by Armin and Eren, leaving Elysia on her own.
There was a small crowd surrounding Eren, and even though she wanted to sit with them, crowds weren't her thing.

She gripped the tray of food in her hands tightly, looking for a spot to sit.

Almost every table was already occupied, and as she was about to lose hope, Elysia's eyes fell on another table.
There were only three people sitting there, two boys and a girl.
She couldn't see the girl's face, but her blonde hair was tied back into a messy bun, almost similar to hers.
One boy was blonde, and the other had short black hair.

With a sigh, she started approaching them.
Her shoes made small clicking sounds with each step, which went unnoticed, due to the noise the others made.

"Excuse me.. Would you mind if I sit with you?" She quietly spoke, making the three look at her.

The blonde boy smiled, or smirked?, and quickly nodded his head.
"Go ahead. I'm Reiner, that's Bertolt and Annie. And you are?" He spoke to her, glancing at his two friends.

"Elysia. Ackerman. Nice to meet you, and thanks for letting me sit with you. I didn't know where else to go."
She sent them a thankful nod, sitting down next to Annie, who nodded back shortly.

"Ah, don't worry about it. So, where are you from, the instructor didn't yell at you earlier."

Upon hearing his words, Annie sent Reiner a glare, making sure Elysia wouldn't see.
However, she did see, but didn't think of it as much. She just thought Annie was mean, or thought he was being insensitive.

"I'm from Shiganshina District.." She trailed off, just before Bertolt started apologizing like a madman.

The rest of dinner was eaten in silence, except for the occasional small talk from Reiner and Bertolt.
Elysia wasn't exactly trying to make friends.
It was only her first day, but she already wanted nothing more than to go back home and have dinner with Levi in his room instead.

Elysia frowned as memories of their countless shared meals came to her mind, but quickly tried to replace it with a stoic look.