03 | May we meet again

"Elysia, wake up." Someone shook her shoulder. Slowly, Eri opened her eyes, to see an elderly man wearing a hat, staring back at her. A smaller, blonde boy stood behind him.

Armin & Mr. Arlert.

"We're here." Mr. Arlert smiled at her kindly. She had briefly told him earlier what had happened to her mother, leaving out the parts about "Mr. Levi" as she called him in her head.

"Thank you for waking me up." She stated, not having the energy to smile back at him.

"No worries, kid." He smiled once more as they started making their way off the boat.

"Here, have the bread and go find Eren and Mikasa. Take Elysia with you." Mr. Arlert gave 3 pieces of bread to Armin, not forgetting to hand the white haired girl one.

"Thanks, Grandfather."

"Thank you, Mr. Arlert."

It was the next day. So far, Elysia had spent her time with Armin and his grandfather, as Eren was a bit much.
It's not that she didn't love Eren, or feel sorry for him losing his mother, but he was too loud to deal with.

She had already tried to explain to the two Arlert's what had happened with Levi, and they were confused to say the least, and so was she.

Eri didn't exactly remember much from what happened.
She could only see that titan's face in front of her eyes every time she looked back at the memory, making her cry all over again.

But, Levi had saved her, and he gave her his cravat, which Elysia had refused to take out of her hair.

Armin quickly grabbed her hand with his free one, and started dragging her with him, to go and look for their friends.
"Eren! Mikasa!" Armin yelled as he let go of Eri's hand.
They came to a halt from running, and stopped in front of two other children.

"Armin..." The boy, whom I assumed was Eren, exclaimed.

"Here! Just in time! My grandpa got us some by saying it was for children!" Armin said to them.

"Thank You." Mikasa said softly, eyeing Elysia up and down before grabbing her hand and munching on her bread.
The short girl nearly jumped, when there suddenly was a shadow behind her.
It was a tall man, who looked at their food and let out a "Tch." before turning around and leaving.

"What's his problem?" Eren glared at him.

"You can't blame him. There's probably not enough food to go around. And that's an entire day's worth. There are just too many refugees. There was already a food shortage going on, plus the people here aren't treated as well as citizens on the outer wall." Armin tried calming down the already fuming Eren.

Elysia started having that uncomfortable feeling about Eren again.
Something about him seemed off.
But she tried shaking that feeling away.

Of course he's different! His mom died, just like mine...

Elysia sighed. These assholes were talking so much shit, hitting your head on a stone wall could be more fun than listening to them.

"Why should we hafta give our food to some lousy outsiders? If they Titans got through the wall, they could've at least eaten some more people, if you ask me!"