Chapter Two

Half-hartedly edited. 

———(This line is called Jeffrey... Named by @katieleekendrick)———

Candy walked next to the guy in shorts, whose name she learnt to be Theodore. She could feel the authority radiating off him, but didn't know what status he held. Alpha's rarely ever help out on border control, so she thought he must be leader of the pack warriors. The other men stayed on border patrol while he took her to the pack house. "So, tell me about yourself." Theodorebroke the silence.

"Well, urm, my name is Candy Knight; I'm 16 years old; I never knew my mother; my father is an abusive, status hungry man who tried to marry me off to our caveman Alpha for a higher rank, and I finally grew some lady balls and ran away. That's about it."

"Is your father the one that did that to you?" He pointed at various bruises visible. Candy went silent and looked away, "It's okay, your safe now."

"But I still don't know if the Alpha will accept me. I am a rouge after all." Candy whispered and looked back up at him.

"I'm sure you'll be fine. In fact, I'm 100% sure he'll say yes." He offered a kind smile, dimples and all, and Candy retuned it. "That's better but... you look like you need more convincing." With that he started tickling Candy's sides.

Candy laughed hysterically, "N-No... haha... stop..." He didn't stop, "Theo!"

"What'd you call me?" He asked with no emotion, stopping his assault.

"Oh... sorry, I won't call you that again."

"No, no, I like it. It's refreshing." He spoke with a smug smile.

"So... tell me about you, Theo." She spoke with a smile, emphasising his new nickname.

"Well, I'm 18 years old; my mate rejected me; my father retired leaving me his ... roles ... and I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters." He said bluntly, the smile never leaving his lips.

"Your mate rejected you? I'm so sorry." Candy offered her sympathies, but he waved them off.

"Don't worry about it. I've recently started believing in second chances." He paused, and for the first time, his smile disappeared and his brows furrowed together, "D-Do you have a mate? I mean you said your father forced you to get married, so it wasn't necessarily to your mate."

"No. I don't have a mate. I never found him." She sighed. She noticed that Theodore showed a mix of emotion. He looked relieved, happy, but also a little sad. They walked in silence the rest of the way until they came to the pack house. He opened the door to the pack house for her and led her to an office. Without knocking, he entered the office.

Candy, confused, stood stationed to just outside the office door. "Are you not coming in?" Theo spoke, a small smile playing on his lip. He knew why she was hesitating to go in.

"But nobody is in here. Wouldn't we be snooping?" Candy was starting to get nervous. What if they were caught? Then she would have eliminated all changes off gaining entry into this pack, and she was already very fond of Theo.

Theo started chuckling. He walked over to Candy and took her hand in his and led her into the office. He motioned for her to sit in the chair that was in front of the desk, Candy did as told. She watched as Theo walked around and sat in front of her, behind the desk. He opened the draw and pulled out some papers. He looked up and chuckled at Candy's dumbfounded expression. "Here, you need to fill out this."

"What is it?" She asked, still confused.

"An entry form to the pack." He smiled warmly at her. Candy examined the form still confused. How can he give this to her? Then it dawned on her. He didn't throw her off territory as soon as she got there; he as authority radiating off him; he entered the office without knocking and he is offering her a place in the pack. He's the Alpha.