Chapter Eleven

"Is it too late now to say sorry?" (Or will you forgive me?)

UNEDITED!

---(This line is called Lorraine Gertrude Pumpernickel... Named by that_girl_madalin)---

Candy opened her red and puffy eyes when she heard multiple cries and screams. She scanned around and found a mass of wolves fighting - blood everywhere. She noticed that there was no longer anyone guarding her. However, next to her was a scattered spread of clothes. Embedded within it was a watch.

Candy willed herself to get up. She reached her bruising arm through the silver bars, the bars burning her delicate skin. She hissed in pain but continued to reach for the watch. Once her cold hand grasped it, she reeled her arm back in. She checked the time: it was 1:08pm. Just over two hours since she was dragged to her merciless farther.

Candy scanned the bloody scene in front of her. It wasn't the prettiest sight – there were chunks of flesh flying around and blood-curdling howls. Amongst the field of death, Candy spotted a hooded figure. He was killing wolves left, right and centre. Candy couldn't help but stare in awe at him. The figure was fast, very fast. However, Candy watched as the figure left deep claw marks on each of his victims – so deep that chances of survival were next to none.

While admiring the work of the mysterious figure, she noticed her father in the background. He was hiding on the border line of the forest. He had yet to shift but he was preparing to - preparing to flee away in cowardice. To what? Save himself? Quite frankly, it disgusted Candy. She watched as he shifted into his wolf. However, before he sprinted off into the woods, he made eye contact with Candy. He gave her a deathly glare and there was a glint in his eye that almost said: 'I will get you'. He then ran off into the forest.

After her father had fled the scene, Candy noticed that the figure started to advance towards her, still destroying every enemy wolf that came his way. Candy wasn't sure whether to be scared or relieved that she had attracted its attention. She slowly shuffled back as the figure stopped before her cage. All noise stopped around her and it was then that she noticed the blood bath had finished. It was now just a field of dead naked men and a pack of wolves towering over. It was also now that she noticed a man in an outfit that made him look like an assassin. One from Assassin's Creed. He has a mask over the lower half of his face to conceal his identity. His blade was long and stained with blood. He walked over to Candy's cadge and stood next to the hooded figure.

Candy was pushed against the back of the silver cadge; she was so scared that she didn't care about the burning sensation of the bars on her back. The hooded figure crouched down and Candy let out a small whimper of fright. "Shhh... It's okay." He hushed, "We won't hurt you." The hooded figure carefully opened Candy's cadge and held out a hand. Candy hesitantly put her hand in his. It was odd because it was much smoother than she expected, and their hand sizes were identical.

"Hi," Candy's attention turned to the other man – the one that looked like an assassin. "My name's Maxia." He said as he removed his mask. Candy had never really got to take a good look at him the first time she had seen him. He had a defined sharp jaw with stubble starting lightly coating it; big stormy deep blue eyes; thin lips and light brown skin – a factor of being mixed-raced. Maxia? Candy thought to herself. "I know. Girly right?" He chuckled and guided her away from the cadge. "Just call me Max... it's less embarrassing." He adds, trying to lighten the mood.

They walked over to the side, toward the tree line. However, the hooded figure didn't follow, but stayed stationary – quietly watching the scene from afar. "Max, the guy with the notepad." Candy mused.

"That's me." He chuckled, as he led Candy through the blood bath. She wrinkled her nose at the stench coming from the blooded corpses – some torn to shreds. The wolves that were fighting alongside the hooded figure and Max were nowhere to be seen.

"Where have the other wolves gone?" Candy asked.

"Gone back to camp probably," he replied and Candy hummed in reply as she stepped over the dead body of her old tutor. It broke her heart to see familiar faces paled by death. She hated to see them dead, although they were the ones to hurt her, they were just following orders. Besides, she couldn't fully hate her pack. They were the closest thing she had to family. "Who is that?" Max brought her back to reality. She hadn't noticed that she had stopped walking.

"Oh, he was my tutor." Candy said trying to hold back the tears, "He was the only one I was allowed to talk to. He taught me how to read and write. He made me laugh. He taught me how to appreciate the shitty life I had by teaching me to see the smallest things in life. The specks of light in the dark."

"You speak so fondly of him." Max said then sighed, "I'm sorry for your loss."

Candy shook her head, tears falling from her eyes – staining her already tear-stained face. "It's okay, he was bad a man underneath it all."

"Why? Did he hit you or something?" Max asked with concern.

"Only when my father was present; he had to live up to my father's expectations. But that's not it; he would cheat on his mate with various she-wolves. But I'm not so naïve, I noticed... and I knew it was rape." Candy took a deep breath, "He got what he deserved in the end I suppose." She said as she stepped over him and carried on walking, Max resuming his walk next to her also.

They shortly arrived on the other side of the clearing. Candy turned to face Max and smiled at him as best she could with her busted lip. "So, urm, what's this whole... out of body stuff that seems to be going on with me?"

"What makes you think that I know?" Max smirks slyly – his eyes still fixated ahead.

"Because you're there every time it happens. On the... 'other end'." Candy explained as best she could.

He chuckled and lightly tapped her nose, "You're a good person Candy; don't ever lose sight of that." He said, but his face suddenly turned serious. "Look, you need to head east." He motioned to the forest ahead. "Head that way for about two miles or so. You'll come across a path – a direct route back to the Total Eclipse Pack. Stay safe." He smiled and lightly pushed Candy in the direction of the forest.

She started to take a couple of steps, but before she ventured any further, she turned to thank Max. "Thank you... for everything." She smiled and he briefly returned it.

"Run. Run Candy, and don't look back. You don't have much time." He nudged her some more, "GO!" He shouted. It was so sincere that it was enough to set Candy of running. "Remember, you have one day left." She heard him say. She turned back to ask him what that meant, but when she did, he was no longer standing there. It was like he had just... vanished.

She turned around and started running again heading deeper and deeper into the forest. She felt exhausted, both mentally and physically. She willed herself to go on until she at least found the path that Max had spoken of. However, her body couldn't go any further. She couldn't shift due to the wolfs bane still in her system, nor could she draw on Echo's strength. She spotted a tree in the distance and headed towards it. She could see a hollowed out base – a space big enough to fit her in, but small enough to keep her warm and protected.

With the last bit of energy Candy held in her system, she sprinted towards the tree. The moment she arrived she collapsed before the tree. She crawls and neatly plants herself in the base of the tree – curled up in a ball. She then cried until she fell asleep. I'm sorry...---

Ciao *waves with fake innocence*

So... 2 months... yeah... Much love...

I'll try not to let it get that bad again *cheesy smile with halo overhead* sowwyyy

Comments Here x

Please vote x

Please follow x

~ Popcorn