Chapter Eighteen

Edited

---(This Line is Called Glittery Ponies with Dancing Salsa... Named By alina_clair99 )---

Candy groaned as she slowly woke up. She opened her eyes and found herself in a dingy cell. Slightly whimpering at the pain in her shoulder, Candy sat up to further examine her surroundings. The walls were lined with grime and blood and the stench of rotting flesh on the silver bars of the cell made Candy gag. The whole cell was lit by only a single hand lamp. 

She slowly shuffled around and placed her bare feet on the cold concrete ground. The coolness of the floor sent her into a panic as everything that had happened finally hit her: she found her mate, it was blood Alpha, he hurt her, Theo probably doesn't know she's gone and now she's in a cell. She was also dosed with wolf's bane, so she couldn't contact anyone... or her wolf.

At the pull of her painful thoughts, Candy ran to the silver bars. "HELP! SOMEONE, PLEASE COME! I SHOULDN'T BE DOWN HERE! HELP, PLEASE! THIS IS A MISTAKE!" She shouted for someone to come. Her voice was hoarse so it hurt to shout, and the sting in her hand from the silver bars added to her overall pain, so much so that it was just numb. "Please!" She cried as she gripped the bars tighter.

"It's not worth it," a small voice in the dark abyss of the cell called out, causing Candy to jump in fright, "many have shouted, but none have come. The guards can hear us of course, but they don't come... only to drop another off or take one to be killed."

"Who's there?" Candy asked as she tried to see in the darkness of the corner.

"My name is Kyle," the small voice, Kyle, called out. Candy took the lamp and followed the direction the voice had come from. As she got closer, she could make out a figure in the corner. He had his back rested on the wall; one leg bent up to support his arm and the other leg down. As she finally approached him, she could see him perfectly, especially as he was without a shirt. He had a sharp jaw line, a sleek nose, rose pink lips, his hair was a golden brown and he had tattoos on his chest – two birds of peace. He was well built, toned and had muscle, but he was starting to lose it due to the lack of food. He also had various cuts and bruises covering his body, and dried blood crisp on his knuckles, and a long fresh scar running from the centre of his chest to his belly button. Candy gasped at the sight of him. His head was rested on the wall behind him, but as soon as she gasped, his eyes snapped open to reveal deep ocean blue eyes, not dulled by pain, but brightened with hope. Kyle chuckled at Candy's reaction, "it's not as bad as it looks."

Candy continued to examine the various violent markings on his body, "why are you in here?" She asked as she crept closer to him.

"You tell me," he smirked to himself, "one day I was just chilling at home, before I knew it, I was being dragged out and brought here by some big naked guy that later turned into some wolf."

"Wait, you're human?"

"Yep... and you're not?" He raised a perfectly grown eyebrow. Candy shook her head in response. "Then?"

"Werewolf," she smiled softly.

"You guys are weres? That's epic, to be honest, and it explains a lot," he chuckled, "it's a shame I'm only human."

"See, but that makes no sense, why would they need you?" Candy thought out loud. There was no reason for any werewolf to kidnap a human. There would be no gain.

"Again... I'd love to know," he cleared his throat and sat up a little more, "how about you? Why are you here?"

"I'm the Alpha's mate," she sighed and closed her eyes at the pain that thought brought her.