Chapter Twenty-Seven

UNEDITED

---(Name This Line)---

In that moment, Candy realised that she had been swapping senses with the hooded figure. She didn't understand why. And that scared her. She needed to know. She watched as the hooded figure lifted up the limp body of a patrol guard and threw him over their shoulder. Candy watched as the figure started to walk off. She couldn't let him get away.

Candy started running after the figure, hop, skipping and jumping over rocks that were embedded in the ground. However, as she ran into the surrounding woods, meters before she reached the hooded figure, it disappeared. "NO!" She shouted. She had missed the opportunity to find out why all this was happening to her. Her heart sank as she gritted her teeth. Life was so unfair. She held back the tears as she fell to the ground, a gust of wind crept up behind her.

"Meet me here, at mid-day, in exactly a month's time," she heard a voice whisper in her ear behind her. She then felt a second gust of wind as she turned to find no one there. But she knew who it was. It was the hooded figure. She rose to her feet and started her trek back to the house.

*

*

*

The next morning, Candy had woken up later than usual. Yet, she was still tired. She looked at the small clock on her bedside table: it was ten past twelve. Candy groaned as she sat up, rubbing the crust out of her eye. She put her feet on the warm carpeted cream floor and stood up. Her belly growled as she started walking to the bathroom. She washed her face to wake her up, before jumping in the shower. Once she felt clean, she came out of the shower, grabbing a jar of cocoa butter to moisturise. A few minutes later, Candy was ready and dressed for the day. Her hair was up in a ponytail and her fringe was out.

She opened the door, looking both ways before stepping out. Her belly growled again as she headed down the corridor towards the kitchen. In the kitchen, she opened the fridge and got the milk. She poured the milk into a bowl and put it back. She warmed up the milk slightly in the microwave as she looked for the cereal. She chose a box of cornflakes. She put the cornflakes into the bowl, grabbed a spoon and began to eat. A couple minutes later, she finished and washed the bowl. She didn't want to anger Xavier by leaving her washing up.

Candy started walking back to her room, but as she passed the living room, a sharp voice called out to her, "Candy." She stopped to turn and look. She could see Xavier sitting on the sofa, hands clasped in front of him as he stared at the floor.

"Yes?" her voice was clipped as she replied.

He looked up at her and smirked, "I like the new fringe, it's cute," he chuckled, but it soon turned dark as his face turned to a scowl.

Candy noticed and sighed, "what have I done now?"

Xavier chuckled bitterly, "I let you off the first time, little mate, but you cannot keep abusing your freedom to injure or kill my best warriors," he cracked his knuckles. Candy was confused, to say the least, but she stayed silent, hoping he'd explain, "A patrol guard was found dead yesterday. In a place where you were spotted also."

"That's unfortunate, but I promise you... It wasn't me," Candy spoke carefully, she could tell that something was off with him today. He looked angrier also. Did something happen when he went to the attack? She thought.

"And why should I believe your word over the word of my men?" He snarled, his anger levels slowly rising.

"Well, I can't make you believe me, but it's the truth," she snapped. It angered her that Xavier thought so lowly of her.

"The truth?" He scoffed with a bitter grin, "the truth is that all the evidence points to you!" He smashed his hand down on the table sat next to the sofa.

"What about moral evidence? How could you think that I would be capable of doing something like that?" She raised her voice slightly, "I'm not you!"

"No, but you're mated to me!" Xavier stood up in a roar. "Do not think that I don't know you do not want to be here because of it. And I don't think I don't know you hate this pack because we can squish your little petty pack in an instant. Face it; you're envious of the power and strength this pack has!"

"Don't blame every issue your pack has on me!" Candy was getting madder and madder by the instant, "And how dare you say that I don't want to be here because I'm mated to you. I've always wanted – waited for – a mate." She tried to steady her breaths, "I don't want to be here because of how you treat me!"

"I treat you how you deserve!" He bit as stalked closer to Candy.

"You raped me!" Candy tried to choke back a sob, but the lump in her throat was too big, "I haven't done anything to you. I was prepared to love you, be your mate. But what do you do, just defile me!"

"As if you hadn't slept with that pathetic excuse of an Alpha before you got here," Xavier hissed.

"No, actually, I hadn't. I was a virgin, but you wouldn't know. You wouldn't ask," tears broke free from her eyes, "you only see the worst in people, so you become the worst. And that, Alpha Xavier, is why I hate you when I should love you."

"That's why you hate me?" Xavier's voice was eerily calm, like the settle before a storm. "Because I raped you?"

"Yes! Because you don't feel the pain you put me through every single day. Because you don't feel how this mate bond is tearing me apart!" Candy shouted, she wanted to punch something. All this stress couldn't be good for the baby.

"You think that I don't feel it? That what you feel in your heart, I don't also feel in mine, no matter how black and corrupt it may be?" He smirked, drawing closer to Candy.

"I know you don't." She spat and he scoffed.

"You don't think that every day, I don't feel the fucking pain I put you through," he turned around to let out a deep sinister chuckle. He flashed back around, slamming his fist on a nearby table – breaking it, "Well here's a fucking surprise. Yes, little mate; I do feel our mate bond. I always have. I just knew that I couldn't have a mate. I only needed you to unlock the power of the blood alpha and bear my pups. I believed that if I dismissed you, hurt you, broke you, enough, then the bond would go away. I never liked the fact that I needed you."

It was shocking to hear, but it the information just fuelled Candy's angry. "If you always felt it, then why did you rape me?" Tears of anger and sorrow streamed from her eyes, "Why did you do it!" She shouted, louder and louder, "WHY! WHY DID YOU RAPE ME?"

"I DIDN'T!" He shouted back, kicked a piece of the broken table. He took a moment to attempted to compose himself, before sighing loudly, "I didn't rape you."

"W-what? What do you mean?" She stuttered. She couldn't believe her ears.

"Exactly what I said!" He shouted, before calming himself once more to talk, "you had an artificial insemination." Candy stood there shocked as Xavier looked away, clenching his jaw. She tried to form a sentence, but her words had run away. Suddenly, Xavier pinned her to the wall, his lips sealed onto hers – kissing her desperately. Sparks of electricity shot through her, as Candy kissed back. She could feel the mate bond between them coaxing her actions. Xavier slowly pulled away, looking deep into Candy's eyes, but she couldn't make out what he was thinking or feeling.

"X–" Candy started to whisper, but she was cut off by Xavier when he punched a hole in the wall next to her head. On instinct, Candy flinched, squeezing her eyes shut. A few moments passed before she slowly cracked opened her eyes. When she did, he wasn't there. The front door was open and there were just shredded clothes, scattered on the floor. "Well, shit."

---

Heh, told ya I would make a chappy private. So, thank you for following :) Shit goinnnnnggg dowwwnnnn. What you thinking? 

Xavier feels the mate bond. DON DON DONNNNNNNN!

Ciao!

Don't forget to vote!

Popcorn