Chapter Twenty-Eight

UNEDITED

---(Name This Line?)---

A month had passed and Candy had become noticeably pregnant. She had read up on pregnancies and found that Alpha pregnancies are shorter than normal werewolf pregnancies. 4 months to be exact. It was something to do with the urgency of having an heir. Candy hadn't spoken, nor seen, Xavier since that day. She was getting ready in the mirror, keeping her eyes on her swelling stomach. She stopped for a moment, placing a hand on her belly, "Hello baby," she smiled, "you're getting big aren't you?" She giggled as she felt warm inside. She felt positive for the day. Today was the day she would meet with the hooded figure and hopefully find out why all this was happening to her.

Candy pulled on a green hoodie she had found in the wardrobe, it seemed Xavier had been kind enough to provide her with multiple changes of clothes. She walked out of her room, looking both ways. It had been a month since she had seen Xavier, and she didn't want to break the streak. Once confident that he wasn't in the hallway, she stepped out and headed downstairs. She quietly slipped out of the front door, relieved that she hadn't been caught. Of course, she was allowed to go out, but a run in with Xavier would be the definition of awkward.

Candy started her trek towards the place she had last seen the hooded figure. She hoped that he was there, she needed an explanation. When she approached the woods, she sighed in relief when she saw the back of the hooded figure. Candy opened her mouth to announce herself, but as soon as she did, the figure turned around, lowering his hood. Candy gasped as she laid her eyes on a mirror image of herself, only they were paler and had red eyes. "Hello, Candy," she spoke with a smile.

"What? Who are you? Why do you look like me?" Candy asked, her mind was blown. The only other person who should look like her is her dead twin sister.

The (now in hooded) figure, chuckled, "I'm your sister, Strawberry-Lila, you know, because of the eyes," she laughed, "but most just call me Lila."

"But, y-you died... you were born dead," Candy was at a loss. She felt like she could pass out, the pressure in her head was so painful.

"Yes, I was," she scratched the back of her neck, "I take it you heard the story from dad?"

Candy inwardly cringed at the mention of her father, "Yeah, something about mom wanting to take you to her homeland to bury you?" It felt so weird, talking to her dead sister. Was she cracking up?

"And I guess you don't know where mom's homeland is?" Lila asked, and Candy shook her head, "Romania."

"Romania? As in..."

"Yep, mother dearest is a Vampire," Lila smiled as she slowed the pace that she broke the news to Candy, it was hard for her to process it all, "Have you ever wondered why you can run faster than anyone else, faster than an Alpha's wolf?" Now she mentioned it, she had always wondered why she was such a fast runner.

"I don't understand? So why don't I have fangs and a thirst for blood?" She questioned, apart from running fast, she didn't possess any other vampire traits.

"I have them. We are twins, and mom and dad are a vampire and a werewolf. Their genes divided and I came out more vampire and you came out more werewolf. But, that doesn't change the fact that we are still hybrids," Lila started, pacing back and forth, "I cannot shift into a wolf, for she is yours. But, I can grow the claws of a wolf and have the senses of one."

Candy furrowed her eyebrows, it was too much for her to take, but there was one thing on her mind, "So, where is our mother now?"

"She's with the rest of the resistance," Lila stopped to look at Candy with pride, "The founder, in fact. It was her speeches that inspired people, of all species, to join us. And when I was old enough, I became the face and leader of the resistance."