Chapter 8

"Let's do that thing!"

Valka appeared in the castle gardens while everyone else was enjoying a morning picnic. "I am determined to choose my destiny," she said with a confident smile.

"Are you sure that this is what you want?" Hallan said standing up with a serious face.

"I am." She looked at Hiccup. "I don't know what kind of life I left but I'm sure it will worth all possible bad memories."

Astrid jumped towards her with her mouth still full of food and her eyes full of tears. Hiccup, on the other hand, just nodded calmly making eye contact with his mother.

"Ok, then," Hallan said holding her hands. "Whenever you want."

"Let me say something before. The woman I am right now is different from the woman I'm going to be and, there is something this one needs to say. Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, Sven," she said turning towards them. "I can't believe how lucky I was to fall into your hands. You are amazing people, animal, and... snowman, nevermind, you are all amazing and the time I have spent with you has been tremendously fun and enjoyable. Thanks for your help and for your care. You will always be special to me."

Anna ran towards her and hugged her with all her strength and with some tears rolling down her cheeks.

Kristoff put a hand on Valka's shoulder. "It has been great to share this time with you and we are so happy you found your family."

"And knowing who they are, we can assure you that they are incredible people. In the best way." Anna added.

Valka squeezed their hands lovingly and then addressed Hallan.

"I'm ready, dear."

Valka took gently Hallan's hands and nodded with a sweet smile. Hallan nodded too in response and closed her eyes. Suddenly, the same lights which shone on the glacier a few days before, wrapped them for a while and vanished inside Valka. Slowly, Valka opened her eyes and big tears began to flow from her eyes uncontrollably. She fell to her knees and wept bitterly.

Hiccup ran up to her and hold her in an embrace. Valka cried nonstop until she fell asleep in the arms of her son.

"It's a tough process. She will probably be better when she wakes up. For now, she should rest in a comfortable bed," Hallan told.

Hiccup agreed and Kristoff took her to her bed and he went back with the others. Valka's nap lasted about three hours that everyone spent in that uncomfortable tense calm that precedes the storm. After that time, Valka joined them and sat calmly between Hiccup and Anna. Everyone followed her with their eyes without even blinking.

"Hi guys," she smiled a little uncomfortable.

"How... are you?" Hiccup said concerned.

"I'm fine I guess? I mean... this is so weird. I already know who I am and who you are, and I can even remember all the feelings that you provoke in me but... I don't feel it, just remember the sensation."

"So..." he said scared of what he knew he would hear.

"So... I remember loving you two, but..."

"But you can't feel it truly, right?" he clarified.

Valka nodded guilty and he sighed deeply.

"It's Ok. Don't feel bad. I... I just need a walk so..." Hiccup pointed back, backing away, but Valka stopped him.

"You can't go, Hiccup. There are things I want you to know."

"O-kay..."

Hiccup sat down and Valka began to tell under everyone's attention.