Chapter 10

The next dawn they went on board all sleepy but carrying with them a big fighting spirit. However, soon the realization of how slow boat trips are, put their fighting spirit to sleep, leaving instead a group of friends enjoying a vacation day. Elsa apologized for not asking for the help of the spirit of the water or Gale to expedite the journey, but, despite the frustration of the Vikings knowing that with the help of the dragons they would have arrived in a few hours, everyone agreed that it was not a good idea for them to be near the spirit of weakness. Thus, the trip was spent between laughter, stories, naps, feasts, games, and more laughter.

Finally, on the evening of the next day, they dropped anchor.

"I think it should be around here," Hiccup said looking at his map.

"So, now what?" Elsa said. "Are we just going to wait here until he decides to show up?"

"What else can we do?" Astrid replied.

"You! Sack of tentacles! Get your ass out of there and come find us!!" Anna shouted peering over the edge.

"We can do that," Valka laughed.

"Anna, seriously, do you think that is gonna work?" Elsa asked her motivated sister.

"Why not?" Anna said turning to her.

Suddenly, out of the water, behind Anna, a huge tentacle rose.

"Anna! Look out!" Astrid tackled Anna, pulling her out of the way of the tentacle, just before it hit on the ship.

"You're mine!" Elsa froze the tentacle leaving it stuck on the deck of the ship.

Then, the waters began to churn causing the ship to shake and the head of that monstrous octopus poked over the edge until its eyes came to visualize the whole panorama.

"What the-?" the spirit of weakness thought. "These guys again? Even the woman?"

He quickly left the body of the octopus, which was confused, and tried his luck. Now that he had managed to get out of that vial, he was not going to give up so easily.

"Alone. It is how you have always been and how you will always be. You know it right?" That was the last thing Elsa could listen clearly. And then, with two tears falling by her cheeks, she lost control over her own body.

"Oh, wow! I never thought it would be so easy!" Elsa's body exclaimed.

"What? You think he's done?" Anna said approaching her.

"Be careful, Anna," Hallan said frowning. "It isn't Elsa."

Kristoff took Anna's hand and slowly took her away from her sister.

"Hey, who are you? You are new!" Elsa said.

"Don't you recognize me, spirit of weakness?" Hallan said in guard. "I do know perfectly who you are."

"Wait, he has caught Elsa?! So easily?" Hiccup answered.

"Oh, you... the most stubborn person I ever met. You and that brunette woman!"

"It's been a long time, huh? May I present you my mother?" Hiccup said derisively. "How have these years been at sea? Good views?"

"Funny..." the weakness spirit said with contempt. "You can't imagine how long that crab took to open the jar. Anyway, that was the last thing he did before the two of us were eaten by my good friend the giant octopus. Thanks for your service, little guy," he said releasing the octopus from Elsa's magic. "And, by the time I managed to get out of there, can you believe how little traffic there is in this sea? And what is worse, when someone finally arrives, I am unable to subdue anyone! Well letting them go alive was a good idea, they brought you to me. I was already beginning to doubt my powers, but possessing Elsa has been tremendously easy. Who was going to tell me? I should have tried when we met!"

"Leave her alone, you sack of shit. You already know that we know how to get rid of you," Astrid threatened.

"The issue of tears, right? I wonder how much damage you are willing to do to your beloved Elsa and, moreover, I wonder what you can do against the powers of the fifth spirit," he haughty scoffed.

"Elsa, I don't know how he did it, but, please, come back. I need you. I love you," Anna said trying to get to her sister.

"Oh, queen," the weakness spirit said. "It would have been nice if our relationship had worked, but, you know, now I have the body of the only heir to the throne, so both you and your husband must die. A pity, right?" Kristoff put his body between Elsa's and Anna. "Don't worry king, you two will die together."

The weakness spirit raised his hands ready to launch an ice attack against Anna and Kristoff and the Vikings pounced on him. Nevertheless, none arrived in time, all of them stopped suddenly when they saw how Hallan stood a few inches from Elsa and kissed her lips sweetly.

"Who the hell are you?! And why can't I move?!" he yelled irritated.

"I know, Elsa," Hallan began to speak completely ignoring the questions of the spirit. "It's hard. You have already realized and yes, you are going to see your sister's and her family's death, your Northuldra friends' too, and it's gonna be so painful."

"Wait, my what?" Anna asked puzzled.

"But you are not alone!" she continued ignoring Anna too. "You got me! I'm with you! And I will be forever! No matter what! We will say goodbye to the people we love and we will love new people and we will say goodbye to them too, and we will go through all that together and we will move on until the time to meet again all of them come. I'll be there for you, cause Elsa, I love you."

Elsa blinked and the weakness spirit was expelled from her body, a moment that the Vikings took advantage of to pierce him with their weapons soaked in tears weakening him slightly.

"And if I'm not wrong, and I don't usually be," Hallan said still ignoring everything around her. "you love me too. I felt it at the glacier. Our bond isn't just magical, right? That's why I put all my effort to be like that," she chuckled gesturing to herself.

Elsa didn't say a word. She just threw herself into her arms and, between tears, gave her a passionate kiss.

Meanwhile, everyone present on the ship, spirit included, was looking at the scene subtly stunned.

"Oh, great! She is the Ahtohallan spirit!" the weakness spirit spoke ironically and the Vikings laughed to his annoyance.

Kristoff chuckled pleased. "Yep, she is."