Chapter 11

"This is over, spirit," Elsa affirmed while preparing with her tears hundreds of ice needles upon her hands.

"Don't you ever get tired of being wrong, Elsa?" he answered recovering the mood.

"What do you think you can do on us?" Valka inquired. "You won't be able to manipulate us. You already tried it on my family and it didn't work. These guys," she said pointing to Anna and Kristoff "thanks to you they have learned to overcome their weaknesses. Elsa no longer has weak points. And I bet that Hallan is completely immune to you."

"Oh yeah. I know him much better than he will ever know me," Hallan said confidently.

The evil spirit laughed. "You are right, but I think you are forgetting something."

Instinctively, Hiccup covered Astrid with his arm.

"Clever boy," the spirit said slowly approaching Astrid.

"Don't think we'll let you do it!" Hiccup threatened loading his weapon against him.

The weakness spirit laughed again and took the damage with a loud crazy scream. Then, all of them did the same to take him away from Astrid, but, despite the pain, he continued advancing without pause until he stopped right in front of her.

"You can hurt me, but never make me disappear. I just have to endure the suffering until I find my way out. Do you want to continue using your strength in a useless cause or are you going to trust the strength of this girl?" he said.

Shivering, Astrid looked through the shadow and saw Hiccup's worried expression. He knew how painful it could be. However, she saw something else in his eyes, she saw trust.

"Ok, let's do it!" she said bravely.

"Are you sure?" Elsa said worried about her first love.

"Let me do it, please. And if I fall into his hands, don't hesitate to kill me. It might be the way to end this."

Astrid searched Hiccup's eyes and he nodded with a slight smile and the others reluctantly accepted her will.

"Crazy guys... I must admit that you really are fascinating," the spirit murmured just before he began his job.

"He hasn't hesitated for a second to risk your life, huh? The most powerful warrior in the history of the Vikings under the command of a weakling. He took the place that you deserved and made you chieftess only so that you carry the weight of the charge because he is not capable of doing it by himself. Always depending on you, always playing his mother. It's normal that he didn't give you children, he doesn't have what it takes. He has risked your life countless times just to see his dreams come true. Do you really think he cares what happens to you? Do you think anyone cares? Come with me, I will make you the great Viking boss you deserve to be. The world in your hands, as it always should be. Go! Raise your ax and claim your place!"

Astrid lowered her pained gaze and then lifted it, raised her ax, and walked forward until she was face to face with her husband. He peered into the flame in her eyes and closed his eyes accepting his fate.

"Well done, blondie," the shadow pridefully whispered.