Chapter 9

"Mom!" Hiccup ran back and carefully incorporated his mother. "What is it? What's happening?!" He rubbed her face under the worried look of his friends. "C'mon, I can let you go, but you must be fine, Ok?"

Anna ran to find the doctor and Astrid tirelessly stroked his back holding back tears. When Anna and the doctor were arriving, Valka stirred in place and slowly opened her eyes.

"Hiccup?" she said looking at him slowly coming back to reality.

He smiled at her. "It's Ok. Just rest while the doctor examines you."

"Oh, Hiccup! I love you!" she said excited.

"What?" he said eyes open wide.

"I... I remember!"

"Really?!" he said even more excited than her.

"Yeah!!" she laughed and hugged Hiccup.

"Oh, thanks, Odin!" he sighed giving into the hug and introducing Astrid in the embrace.

Anna hugged Kristoff amazed and Elsa and Hallan shared a smile of relief. The doctor carefully examined Valka.

"I would venture to say that she has healed. Whatever retained her memories blocked has been solved. Congratulations, Ondina, You made it."

"Valka, I am Valka," she said with determination. "And I think it wasn't me who healed myself. I feel I needed my son's forgiveness to move on. You saved me, Hiccup."

"From the start, there was never anything to forgive," he sobbed. "Welcome, mom."

"I'm glad I'm back," she said running her fingers through his messy hair.

"I think we're going to have a party tonight!" Anna said with excitement. "Come on, Kristoff! We have a lot to prepare!!"

"Ok, ok!" patted Hiccup on the back and let her guide him by the castle.

"Party!" Olaf cheered up following them.

"Valka, I think you should get some rest before dinner," Elsa offered.

"Yes, I think you are right. If you want, we'll talk about what to do with that evil spirit later."

"Do you still want to fight him?" Elsa asked surprised.

"Of course I am! He will pay for what he did to me and, above all, what he did to my son when he met you guys."

"You knew that?"

"Oh, yeah! Those two returned from their honeymoon very excited about the adventure they had lived," she laughed. "And by the way, they spoke wonders about you. You are a very brave woman. I bet you would have been an excellent Viking."

Elsa blushed. "They did?"

"Ok, mom. Go rest. We'll catch up later," Hiccup said avoiding the awkward conversation and Valka caressed her cheek just before starting to walk after Elsa. "And, mom!"

"What is it, son?" she said stopping her steps.

"Thank you. For everything."

"Thank you, Hiccup. You have changed my life for the better for the third time."

"Third?" she smiled and went away followed by Hallan.

Seeing himself in the intimacy of his wife's company, he took refuge in her arms and began to drown in tears all the tension, suffering, fear, and joy as she simply stroked his head and back.

"It's ok, babe. I'm here."

-------

By dinner time, everyone felt refreshed in some way. Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf had organized an elegant dinner on one side of the ballroom and all of them were savoring it and talking animatedly enjoying their reunion calmly at last.