Chapter 16

Magic's POV

I'm not entirely happy to be back home yet and working but I guess it gives Charlotte and I space than being in that villa in Bali, I had to stay in the gym or any other room she wasn't in to get peace from her. She isn't exactly pleasant to be around, as she thinks me. So, why the fuck did I try and kiss her? I've been trying to wrap it around my head for two days and the only conclusion I've come up with is, I was still drunk and didn't know what I was doing, even though I felt sober.

I've been sitting in my office for a few hours working out D's funeral, I need to have many guards to make sure it's peaceful and not crashed by cops or Vlad, I want to do this one thing for Demetrius since I let him down. I'm not only dealing with the funeral but I'm also working on the club opening Friday, I'll need to head down there and check everything is how I want it beforehand. Nick has been a great help and I'm thankful to him, maybe I need to start trusting him more with things, like taking care of Charlotte, making sure nothing happens to her. He has been helping a lot with this club opening, I've just needed to agree and correct a few things but that's all. That trip to Bali didn't help, I still feel the impulsive anger towards Vlad and I've been working on plans to blow up one of his biggest safe houses, I don't care who I have to kill to make him pay. This is not an eye for an eye for him, he despises me and I will not let him get away with killing my best friend and someone I called little brother. I won't give him Charlotte either.

I zone into my sales on my computer, sales are blooming and everything business wise is going smoothly but, how long will that last? My phone rings and I answer immediately, "Yes?"

"Boss, Nick told me to tell you that he hired two bartenders but he needs you to approve them because he doesn't know if you'll like them and he said he's scrambling"

Since Nick is taking Charlotte dress shopping I've had a break from her, a delightful one. She's a handful and really pushes her luck. It's like she's annoying on purpose. "I'll make an appearance, Joel", I tell. I'll head down in a few hours.

"Than-", I zone out what he says when my door swings open. Charlotte strides in with a smile and sits down on the chair in front of the desk before slouching back and planting her feet on my desk. "Sir? are you still there?", I hear in my ear.

"I'll come to the club soon, Joel. I have to deal with something", I hang up and look at Charlotte, she's wearing pj's and by that I know she hasn't been anywhere. "Shouldn't you be dress shopping with Nick?", I push her feet off my desk and wait for her response, she's wearing fluffy socks despite it not being cold.

She shrugs, "I'm not going dress shopping, I already told you this"

I pinch the bridge of my nose in frustration, why is she so stubborn and fucking difficult, "Where's Nick?", I ask as calm as possible.

She shrugs, "He tried but I gave him the boot"

"So where is he now?", I grit my teeth. I told him to take her dress shopping, he can do everything else except a simple task.

She shrugs yet again, "I gave him the boot", she says again like she's clarifying the whole sentence but I'm not even sure I understand what that means. "I actually slipped out after I heard the words dress shopping, so I've been exploring the house ever since. I watched a movie with Isabella in the cinema room downstairs, she is a real sweetheart", she puts her feet back onto the desk and crossing her legs over, giving me a view of her pink fluffy socks.

"Isabella shouldn't be a sweetheart, she should be working", I need her to go dress shopping beforehand so if anything needs altered then It will be done by Friday.

"Well, Isabella is a nice woman and actually makes me feel safe in this house filled with men"

"But that isn't her job", I note. I'm glad Isabella has made her feel comfortable but It's not her job to do so.