Chapter 9

We both lay under the duvet with a large space between. Magic started heavy breathing about five minutes ago and I can't sleep, him breathing heavily is annoying. He begins to sore and I huff, It sounds like a damn tractor. I really wish I was back in my own flat in my own bed or at work laughing with Harper and Ava. I miss them so much and I miss my mother she must be worried sick. I just want to go home. 

"Magic?", I whisper. 

"Mmm?", He murmurs. 

"Why me?", I ask, curious once again. I just want answers and I want to go home. 

"Hmm, what?", He turns around rubbing his eyes, I've been staring into the dark for a long time so my eyes have adjusted and I can see everything through the dark.

"Why me?", I repeat.

"Because you're different, I dunno. Go to sleep", He turns back over. I know he's tired but I can't sleep and my head has been swirling desperate for answers. 

"In what way?", I whisper, he huffs rolling onto his back. His large hand rubbing his temples as if I've annoyed him again. Right now, I'm not trying to annoy him. I just want to know out of all the girls in them cages I was picked. 

"You don't take shit from anyone, just like I don't", he admits. 

"I take your shit", I note. 

"I make you, that's why", I hate that he's the one guy I take orders from because I'm scared that I won't make it back to my friends and family. I've never been like that, I won't be like that. Not for him or no one. Not anymore. 

"Because you threaten me"

"I could do many different things to make you listen", he turns his head towards me, I stare at him knowing he means he would hurt me.

"I choose to order you around cause it seems to be the most affective, but if you didn't then I'd hurt you and it doesn't seen like you're looking to get fucked in order to do as I say"

"Not a chance", I snort out.

"Why not? You wouldn't regret it", 

"I don't like you Magic, that's why and you took me from my home", my tone harsh and snappy.  

"Ouch, technically I didn't take you from your home, I just bought you and took you here"

"Same thing"

"Why don't you like me? I'm great", I can hear the sarcasm behind his words. I think it's the first time he has tried to joke around. I still haven't seen him smile which is odd and sends shivers down my spine, how can you not smile.

"I don't know you and well...you're a dick"

"Yeah well who isn't, can I sleep or you going to still talk and call me names?", he turns away from me. 

I sigh, looking up at the ceiling,  "I can't sleep, you breath to loud and you snore like a damn tractor", he doesn't say anything and it's silent for a few seconds before I speak again, If I can't sleep then he ain't sleeping, "Can you lick your elbow?", I ask. I've never been able to lick my elbow. "Nobody can do it", he continues the silence and I sigh loudly. "Can we get a dog, I want a dog to keep me company if you're going to keep me imprisoned here for a long time", a dog would be good to keep me company, at least I'll have someone with an actual sense of humour, Magic has the same sense of humour as a rat, "You know...", I begin but he interrupts. 

"For fuck sake Charlotte, I'm tired. Just go to fucking sleep!", he spits venom. I've annoyed him, Good.

"I can't sleep", I sweetly say. I've told him this like eight times in the past hour. 

"Why not? Just close your eyes"

"I tried"

"What do you want me to do about that? how can I possible help?" He snaps, flipping round to face me. I'm afraid he might grab me and pin me down to shut me up but he doesn't. 

I grab his hand placing it on my head. He pulls away growling like a fucking dog, "Play with my hair, it will help me sleep", he doesn't move, "I will stop annoying you if you do", He sighs placing his hand back on my head, he runs his fingers through my hair and I close my eyes. My mother use to do this to me to help me sleep, It use to work wonders. He continues to run his fingers through my hair causing chills to go down my spine. I feel goosebumps forming all over my body, It feels nice. It feels like home, It feels familiar. 

****

I awake to Magic's arm around my waist spooning me from behind, I turn to face him. I get the urge to smack him awake but I stare at him, zoning into his face. He looks so peaceful and not angry, which is a first except from last night. I cup his cheek running my thumb back and forth across his cheekbone, my thumb swipes across the teardrop tattoo. I bet it hurt, even though it isn't large It still looks like it would be a painful place to get a tattoo. The tattoo on his neck probably hurt more, it's big covering his entire throat. My index finger runs over his neck tattoo, he looks good when he isn't frowning. He has lines on his forehead from frowning too much. I wonder what he looks like when he's happy and smiling, does he have dimples? Does his eyes wrinkle when he smiles? I like it when he's sleeping, he isn't annoying. My finger runs along his cheek bone as I continue to study his face carefully. 

"What are you doing?", He questions keeping his eyes closed. His voice croaky as he awakes from his sleep. 

"Sorry", I flinch moving my hand off his face. Why was I touching his face? I wasn't even aware what I was doing, I don't even like him.

"Why did you stop?", He grabs my hand placing it on his face and gives me a half smirk, that's the first time I've seen him smile. Is this a new Magic? Has Magic been replaced with someone else. I continue rubbing my thumb across his cheek, staring at him. This is weird, well for me it is. 

"Boss!", a loud knock startles me. Magic's eyes spring open and he climbs off the bed, stomping towards the door.

"What!?",  He swings the door open in frustration. I sit up on on the bed looking in their direction. 

"We can't find D anywhere", I've seen that man before, I've seen him on watch outside the house. 

"Well, find him", Magic raises his voice. His posture straightens up and his shoulders tense as if his anger his consumed him. 

"We're trying everything we can sir, we think Vladimir might have him", his voice calm as he says. 

"Get my men rounded up Scott, tell Nick I want to talk to him right away", his tone brittle. 

"Yes sir", he replies with a head nod, he turns a heel walking away, Magic slams the door shut and turns to me.

"You", he points, "Go to your room and don't come out until I say"

"Why? What's going to happen?", my voice low almost scared to annoy him, like I did last night. His mood was sweet two minutes ago and now he's back to the same old Magic. 

"Charlotte, just listen for fucking once", he raises his voice at me.

"Fuck you", I scowl, he was nice two minutes ago, I said I wouldn't let him scare me so I won't. I walk past nudging his shoulder, he grabs my arm tightly dragging me back in front of him, he grabs my face firmly, I can literally feel my cheeks getting red from the pressured pain.

"I'll deal with you later", he bellows. 

______________________

Please vote, comment and follow😊

Don't be a silent reader❤

Love you all💕