Chapter 14: so close

I woke up in Sangwoos bed. I sat up quickly and checked my wound. It was bandaged up. Sangwoo came into the room I stared at him as he went to grab a jacket.

"Where are you going?" I asked

"Don't worry about it"

I stayed silent as I watched him walk out and heard the front door close. I hopped out the room on one foot and went lookin for Yoonbum
I couldn't find him anywhere did he leave me in the house alone?

I check around one more time to confirm. I hopped over to the door and opened it, no one. Took me a minute to get past the gate and away from the house, I leaned on fences and walls of buildings looking back every 5 seconds. The streets were so empty, not one car passed me while I was going by.

I stopped for a minute, leaning on the wall and sliding down to sit down. And that's when I car pulled up in front of me. I cannot put into words the amount of relief I got, the window rolled down.

"I should've known you'd do something stupid while I was away" Sangwoo groaned "get in"

I shook my head and stood up, he got out the car.

"Come on where are you gonna go with that broken ankle, you can't run!"

"NO!"

He picked me up and I scratched his face making him drop me I crawled away as quickly as I could.

"Oh you fucking bitch"

He was bleeding from the spot I scratched him. He pulled my legs back toward him and picked me up and threw me into the back seat of the car. I found Yoonbum.

"Yoonbum!" I hugged him he was silent. When I let go of him he laid down on my lap.

"Yoonbum? You alright?"

he closed his eyes and didn't say anything. I ran my fingers through his hair as Sangwoo drove. We started to drive past other cars.

"Try anything stupid and Ill blast your head off."

"Smart considering others cars would see it call the police giving them your license plate"

"Car doesn't belong to me" he chuckled

I looked at the gun he had in the passenger seat and then back out the window. It would take a few bangs on the window before someone were to notice me and by the time they did I'd be dead. It wasn't worth it, I stayed put as Sangwoo drove for a while. I looked down at Yoonbum. He seemed so peaceful asleep, I wonder when was the last time he slept. How much more abuse has Sangwoo been doing to him?

"We're going shopping." Sangwoo said bringing my attention back to him.