SIX

CHAPTER SIX;
reunion

   LEAH WAS ON HER WAY to the place she had been avoiding for the past months and she was convinced she would end up regretting her decision

LEAH WAS ON HER WAY to the place she had been avoiding for the past months and she was convinced she would end up regretting her decision. She walked down the steps in a hurry, her shoes slapping against the white floor as she was trying to find Sam. The female slowly spotted him with a duffel bag in his hand and an annoyed look resting over his tired face.

«Hey! Sam, wait up!» She called, practically jumping off the stairs. Leah slowed down as she reached him, realizing that he was already talking to someone else; specifically a dark haired male with a bionic arm.

«Oh, look what we have here, another one who hasn't replied to any of my calls or texts,» Sam spoke as he gestured towards Leah.

«You don't get to be mad— I've been busy,» Leah tried to explain untruthfully, quickly changing the topic; «how come you didn't tell me about the new Captain America?» Leah stressed as she finally approached them, Bucky curiously raising his eyebrows at her words.

«I didn't know that was going to happen!» Sam boomed at them as he was exhausted, starting to walk again.

Leah and Bucky followed him, «you don't think it didn't break my heart to see them march him out there and call him the new Captain America?» He questioned them as they walked slower, leaving the shorter female with a small frown over her lips, his words sinking in.

Leah watched them quietly. Bucky was questioning Sam and his willingness to give up the shield that Steve had gifted him. She decided to not get into the conversation as the two of them seemed to get into a short but heated fight over it.

«I have bigger things to deal with now,» Sam finally cut Bucky off.

Leah looked at Sam, curious over the statement, «like what?» She asked as she buried her hands inside the pockets of her jacket, patiently waiting for his answer.

Her eyes snapped to Sam's phone as he showed them a picture. Leah blinked a couple of times as she looked at the blurry picture, squinting her eyes. She received a small but pointed look from Sam— who was silently telling her that she was being dramatic. He told them about the past events, Leah and Bucky listening to him as he spoke about the Flag Smashers. She was unable to not cringe at the name they had chosen for themselves.

«Well I'm coming with,» she declared as Sam told them he was going to Munich, knowing she could use a distraction instead of rotting away in Christina's bland office. Maybe she could learn a thing or two.

«Neither of you are coming with, I got Redwing,» Sam told them, his eyes lingering over Leah for a split moment. He felt responsible for her, especially now that Tony was no longer around.