TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE;
sharing

BUCKY AND LEAH ARRIVED to Sokovia before the Dora Milaje

BUCKY AND LEAH ARRIVED to Sokovia before the Dora Milaje. The air was cold and Leah could not help but shudder at the change of temperature. Her fingers fumbled with the zipper of her thin jacket, slowly managing to zip it up after struggling for a moment. Her hands quickly moved to hide in her pockets, squeezing them into small fists as she was trying to get warm.

Her eyes moved up to Bucky. His ocean eyes were already resting over her. The older male always found himself looking at Leah— even when he did not intend to. He found comfort in the female and her appearance; something about her sweet and luminous eyes made him feel at home. She eased his mind, made him feel safe and needed.

He could not help but wonder if she would leave him behind if she ever found out the gruesome details of his life as the Winter Soldier. He figured Tony never told her about the amount of pain he had put her grandparents through, or any of his other victims for that matter.

A heavy feeling implanted itself inside of him, the calm look on his face slowly crumbling. Leah could feel it; the sudden surge of guilt and apprehension. It was not her own feelings. It was consuming, a drowning sensation that made her skin itch.

Leah looked at him more, her eyes concentrating on the former Winter Soldier. She saw the look on his face, noticing how he was clenching his jaw. She could not help but wonder if the emotions she felt was his, since they were not hers. At least not for the moment.

She broke the taller male out of his thoughts as she brushed her hand against his, «Hi Bucket,» Leah mumbled, his attention centring around her.

Bucky gave her a small smile, but it did not reach his eyes. There was a part of him that could not shake the feeling of how everything in his life was temporary. When things were good, they would find a way to leave him; just like Steve did.

«Hello there Lee Lee,» He slowly replied.

Her hand slipped into the pocket of his jacket, carefully lacing her cold fingers around his warmer ones. She could already feel the warmth of his hand spread across her body, slowly but surely warming her up and taking the coldness.

«That's better,» Leah nodded.

He softly narrowed his eyes on her, his tongue sliding between his parting lips. He noticed that her jacket was a few sizes too big for her, making the sleeves pool over her wrists. He could only assume she had been stubborn when she packed it, knowing she probably had a dozen to pick from.

His vibranium thumb brushed down her cheek and over her chin, watching as her sleepy but affectionate eyes rested over him the whole time. Bucky's face moved down closer and he briefly pressed his lips to hers. He pulled away the same moment their lips had touched, the fluttery feeling lingering as he tried to give her another smile.