TWENTY-NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE;
don't let the bedbugs bite

   Leah lazily stepped inside the dark kitchen, her hand dropping her various keys over the hard surfaces of the kitchen island that was placed strategically in the center of the room

   Leah lazily stepped inside the dark kitchen, her hand dropping her various keys over the hard surfaces of the kitchen island that was placed strategically in the center of the room. The strands of her hair had escaped the tight ponytail and fallen aimlessly over her shoulders, enhancing the look of exhaustion that her face wore. Her hand slipped to the back of her head and easily tugged on the hair-tie, releasing her dark hair from its already loosening hold. Bucky rested his eyes over the younger female, eyes swiping over her tiny frame as he watched her in silence. He couldn't help but wonder how she reached the highest shelves of the cabinets that hugged the room, a thought he found himself returning to without an answer.

The sky was pitch black outside. The city below them lit up the streets in colorful lights, slight traffic paving the roads. It was late. The clock had passed midnight. But time didn't matter to the pair. Leah was wide awake— even if her brain wanted to rest. Her body was full of energy; the overflow of it making her tap her fingers obnoxiously over her thigh. Her mud-brown eyes searched the room until they clashed with Bucky's piercing blue ones. She took a good look at him and spotted the faint red on the side of his head. She was uncertain if the rich iron-color hid a wound, or if it was  dirt.

She retrieved a clean cloth, running it under the warm water for a moment. Bucky moved over to where she stood and leaned the back
of his body against the kitchen island that stood behind her. His intense eyes never left her. She could feel the warmth of his body radiate against hers despite the space between them. Her cold body was drawn to his, her mellow skin prickling with goosebumps from the lack of touch between them. Her hand turned off the tap-water before turning to face the older male. He didn't say anything as she ran the soft fabric against the side of his face. Instead his large hand found the back of her waist, fingers sliding inside the dark material of her shirt, thumb gently splaying small circles over her cold skin.

Her face was close to his, eyes purely focused on the side of his head. The extreme red stained across the white cloth, tainting the fabric between her petite fingers. He leaned his face closely to hers, his minty breath washing over her. Bucky was biting back a smug smile as he watched her tongue poke out in concentration, trying to keep her focus afloat. Leah slowly noticed the amused look that had spread across his face like a wild fire, causing her to tightly press her rosy lips together while her eyebrows furrowed softly over her forehead.

«What?» She finally asked.

Bucky shrugged. «Nothing.»

Her eyes narrowed on his, already knowing he was indeed thinking about something. «What's with the look then?» She asked him slowly, eyes searching his. The female was done cleaning his face and her body twisted softly to the side as she threw the dirty cloth in the sink. Bucky's rough hand tightened over her waist for a moment, trying to keep her from moving away from him. Leah hadn't planned to shift away from him.