6

We all sat in the INT. Briefing room. "He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Barry said, trying to start some conversation. "Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract"

"Seriously? An army? From outer space?" I said. "So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce said.

"Selvig?" Thor asked. Does he know him?

" He's an astrophysicist." Barry said.

"He's a friend."

"Loki has him under some kind of spell..." Natasha started. "along with one of ours." Lila finished in a depressed manner.

" I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve said.

"don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him." Bruce answered. "Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother." Thor said cautiously.

"He killed eighty people in two days."

"He's adopted." Thor said. I giggled.

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?" Bruce asked. "It's a stabilizing agent" Tony said. He turned to Coulson. "I'll fly you there. Keep the love alive. Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at SHIELD." Then he turned to Thor. "No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing. Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants." Tony looked down at the crew of agents working.

"Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails. That man is playing GALAGA! Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did." Steve looked confused. "What's Galaga?" He asked. "It's an old game." I explained. "You were in the ice when it WAS popular. I don't even know if it still is." He made an 'O' shape with his mouth.

Tony covered one of his eyes and looked around. "How does Fury do this?"

"He turns." Maria said annoyed. "Well, that sounds exhausting. The rest of the raw materials, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube."

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Maria asked.

"Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Tony asked annoyed. Probably. I don't even read in class so you can count me out.

"Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asked. "He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Bruce answered.

"Unless, Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Tony added. "Well, if he could do that he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet." Bruce rebutted.

"Finally, someone who speaks English." Tony said excitedly. "Is that what just happened?" I asked. Barry rolled his eyes. He was never a fan of Tony Stark. Tony and Bruce shook hands. "It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster."

"Thanks" Bruce said as he looked down. Snapping Turtle, or should I say Nick Fury, walked in. "Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him."

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." Steve said. I can second that from experience.

"don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys." Snapping Turtle said.

"Monkeys? I do not understand." Thor said.

"I do! I understood that reference!" Steve said proudly. I smirked. Tony rolled his eyes. "Shall we play, doctor?" Tony asked Banner.

"Let's play some."

A/N: DANG! Another chapter!

719 words