9

Steve P.O.V.

I walked into the Helicarrier Detention Section and saw Stark there. Standing right where Coulson was stabbed.

"Was he married?" I asked.

"Divorced actually. His wife wanted nothing to do with his kid and him."

" I'm sorry. He seemed like a good man." I said.

"He was an idiot."

"Why? For believing?"

"For taking on Loki alone."

"He was doing his job"

"He was out of his league. He should have waited. He should have..."

"Sometimes there isn't a way out, Tony."

Tony walked away. "Right. How did that work for him?"

"Is this the first time you've lost a soldier?"

He turned around sharply. "WE ARE NOT SOLDIERS! I am not marching to Fury's fife!"

"Neither am I! He's got the same blood on his hands as Loki does. Right now we've got to put that aside and get this done. Now Loki needs a power source, if we can put together a list..."

Tony looked at the blood stained wall. "He made it personal."

"That's not the point."

"That is the point. That's Loki's point. He hit us all right where we live. Why?"

"To tear us apart."

"He had to conquer his greed, but he knows he has to take us out to win, right? That's what he wants. He wants to beat us and he wants to be seen doing it. He wants an audience."

"Right, I caught his act at Stuttengard."

"Yeah. That's just a preview, this is opening night. Loki's a full-tilt diva. He wants flowers, he wants parades, he wants a monument built in the skies with his name plastered..." he paused for a moment. "Sonofabitch!"

A/N: sorry this one was short. BUT the next one is going to be long and fun. This is obviously a new style of writing I haven't tried before so please bear with me!

276 words!