10 - On the run and car rides

Dad, Natasha, Barry and I were now on the run. We went to the mall disguised as a civilian family. I was given this outfit to wear:

There was so much pink it was burning my eyes

"First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk." Natasha said. 

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." I feel you on that one dad. We went to a mac store and used one of their computers. 

"The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are."

"How much time do we have?" Dad asked. 

"Uh...about nine minutes from... " She popped a flash drive. "Now. Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands." Natasha said. 

"Can you override it?" 

"The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me. Slightly. I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from."

"Can I help you guys with anything?" An apple employee asked us. 

"Oh, no. My fiancé and little siblings were just helping me with some honeymoon destinations." Natasha said. 

"Right! We're getting married." Dad said uncomfortably. 

"Congratulations. Where do you guys thinking about going?" He asked. Dad looked behind at the computer. 

"New Jersey."

"Oh." The employee looked at dad for a minute.  "I have the exact same glasses."

"Wow, you two are practically twins." Natasha said. 

"Yeah, I wish. Specimen. Uh...if you guys need anything, I've been Aaron." He walked away. Me and Barry giggled at his comment. 

"You said nine minutes, come on!" Dad said.

"Shh, relax. Got it." The first signal was coming from Wheaton, NJ. "Do you know the place?" 

"I used to. Let's go." Dad pulled out the flash drive from the computer and we walked out. " Standard tac-team. Two behind, to across, two coming straight at us. If they make us, I'll engage, you hit the south escalator to the metro." An agent was coming towards us. 

"Shut up and laugh at something I said." The four of us looked down and laughed. We got onto the escalator and was heading down when we saw Rumlow. 

"Kiss me."

"What?"

"Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable."

"Yes mom. Yes they do." Barry said.

"Don't do it." I mumbled. I wasn't about to watch my father kiss someone. She puled him in and they kissed. As he went up the escalator, and looked away. 

"You still uncomfortable?"

"It's not exactly the word I would use."

~

We were now on the drive to New Jersey. 

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" Natasha was the first one to brake the silence. 

"Nazi Germany. And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash."

"Alright, I have a question for you, oh, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?"

"What?"

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?"Oh shoot. Now we are getting personal. 

"That bad, huh?"

"I didn't say that."

"Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying."

"No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you've had."

"You don't need practice."

"Everybody needs practice. I bet Brooklyn has practiced."

Dad turned and looked at me. Barry did the same. 

"D-do you practice?" Barry asked. "no." I said. Dad turned back to look at the road. "It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm ninety-five, I'm not dead."

"Nobody special, though?" Dad chuckled. "Believe it or not, it's kind of hard to find someone with shared life experience."

"Well, that's alright, you just make something up." 

"Like on Tinder?" Barry asked. "Cause one time me and Brooklyn made a Tinder account and it went horribly wrong." I laughed while recalling the memory.

"Or like you?" Dad asked, talking to Natasha. 

"I don't know. The truth is a matter of circumstances, it's not all things to all people all the time. And neither am I."

"That's a tough way to live." 

"It's a good way not to die, though." She had a point. I shouldn't be listening yet here Barry and I are. 

"You know, it's kind of hard to trust someone when you don't know who that someone really is."

"Yeah. Who do you want me to be?" 

"How about a friend?" Natasha laughed softly.

 "Well, there's a chance you might be in the wrong business, Rogers." 

799 words...

A/N: I am honestly so exited to write about the Winter Soldier. I have been waiting for this moment.