prologue.ㅤㅤthe playground.

prologue.ㅤthe playground.

age : four

━━━━━━━ ━━

The sun couldn't be shown any further. Depth in the white puff clouds, the orange flare off a light lucent yellow. Scently sweet honey gave off a bumblebee gold. Gradienting colours basked the girl in the backyard. With her tubby hands, she picked white flowers that grew with her bushes. Whilst having a stick on her hand, she sat down and started braiding a flower crown. Twist and turns, using the stick to her aid — like a tweezer. Tying up the coronet with a long leave, the diadem was completed with essence. "Lobelia is going to love this!" the flimsy child grinned with dimple cheeks.

"Freesia! Go to the playground today. It's a nice day out!" hearing her mother from the kitchen.

"Aw, I don't like going to the playground..." she pouted with visible sadness.

"I'll make you katsu chicken with peanut sauce~?" tempting her child into going out.

"Oh! Oh! You're going to add your homemade peanut sauce?" having stars in her eyes while asking the mother.

"Yes, yes. Now go change and play with the kids in the park." hearing the rinsing of water fade her voice.

"Ok..." Freesia quietly muttered.

━━

Walking down the bare long road, the yellow-haired harshly stepped on the concrete, filling the empty air. Teens and couples would pass laughing and chatting, while the young girl would continue walking with her blank stare. "I really... really don't want to go to the playground..." brows that were lowered showed her frowning face. "But... it'd make mom happy. So I'll do it." encouraging herself to step foot on the coming turn.

Soft wind that lightly brushed her long lemon hair, what a waste of a good weather it truly was. Trying to swing her arms, in attempt of bringing up her spirits. 'It's fine... It only happens sometimes... well, almost all the time when I'm alone,' she thought while nodding to herself, 'But, it's a good day today! And... A good day means good weather! Wait... that didn't make sense...' shaking her head vigorously.

"Well whatever!" the short one lifted her head up, "I'm going to go!" she exclaimed, stomping her way to the sight of the local playground.

While nearing the familiar play area, known voices she heard — she mentally froze. None did her body pay much mind to it, inching their way to where the swings were. Her mind kept on repeating the word 'please', as the body sequentially walked the distance.

The walk ended. Turning to her right was where the scene befell. Her hands fell off the straps that wrapped over her shoulders, slowly feeling a watery gloss coating her widened eyes. Watching from the position where she stood, a bruised boy that was surrounded by four kids uncovered before her eyes. Kicks and pulls; sugar-coated with the shouts of encouragement, she tried covering up her ears and eyes. Though, not only was it her hands that wouldn't move, her dampened eyes couldn't pry away from his pained violet ones. This is why Freesia never went to the park—

She always hated the playground.

━━ ━━━━━━━

(word count: 512)

second book !!

just a few things to know before reading:

this is a inumaki x oc

there will be acts of suicide

this ff is fluff and angst (won't be as dark as over the bridge)

that is all! (and also i love to put hints in my books

hope you enjoy! first chapter is already up!