xix.ㅤroses and thorns .

xix.roses and thorns.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Frosted flakes covered her white as she hung hidden under puff fur. Thawed snow imprinted her soft steps as she followed her mother's back. Svelte it was, seeing her mother's frame. She mirrored her mother's tread, leaving prints by her mother's side.

Up lead a milk bar that was built by the road. They left a trail for whoever was to pass.

Freesia stood behind her mother in the same height, walked into the store with the label 'Mama's Daisy Child'.

THE ATMOSPHERE of warm comfort inundated the store as spikes of spark flared away from the fireplace. Toasty beige covered the walls as it dangled a bell from the door. Welcoming the customer with a chipper, soft colours and mellow scent made a fine impression towards the guest.

"Whao, this place looks so cosy," the guest complimented.

"At least the long car drive wasn't worthless," yellow hair replied.

Walking up towards the cashier, faint chatter muffled behind the desk before the lady greeted you with a smile. "Hi, what could I get for you today?"

"Hm... Are there any favourites you recommend?" the mother of the two asked.

"Well, I personally go for the baumkuchen, which has the richness of hokkaido milk! But also our vanilla soft serve is very popular!"

"Ne Freesia, let's get one of the baumkuchen, and the soft serve later," Suzuki told her daughter.

"I want the cheesecake..."

"Ah! You mean the vanilla catchcakes! They're fluffy and airy— like a souffle!"

"You want the original flavour, Freesia?"

"Yeah."

"We'll get a vanilla catchcake, a baumkuchen, and two hot milk on the side." Suzuki listed the order.

"That'll be 2990 yen, please! Food will be called when ready."

"Whew, it's nice that this place has a fireplace," Freesia commented.

Her mother placed the food tray down,"We were lucky it stopped getting too windy though."

Getting comfy under the cold weather, the family of two listened to the cafe music playing.

"Have you decided what to get for Inumaki-kun? We're already three days in."

"I don't know what the boy wants," she sighed through the warm milk, "He said he wants something thoughtful."

"Mm~" her mother hummed. How cute.

"I bet you can get something by Sakaimachi Street. They've got a lot of interesting things."

Freesia faded in thought, "Maybe..."

WITH THE TOPIC of Inumaki in mind, his lingering words left grey hues deep in thought.

"You sure you're not going to her funeral?" Inumaki asked.

"Her ass of a parent didn't even invite me, heck they rejected me. You think I'm that immature to yell at their face and tell them to invite me?" Freesia raised a brow.

"I'm just checking since you know..." the boy showed concern.

"It's fine, really. At least they called to give me the stuff Lobelia left for me."

"But then they told you not to come..."

"Geez, don't gotta rub salt on the wound." she gave him a side glance.

As the two walked away from the classroom, banging lockers echoed students' leave.

Freesia watched them scamper away, suppose it was the last day of school, she decided to be nice to the boy.

"Hey, don't worry too much about me." Inumaki glanced at her, "I can handle disrespect to some sort of extent." She gave him a reassuring look.

"Besides, if I were to be saddened by this," they stood near the setting sun, "I could count on you to cheer me up."

It really would've sounded cheesy if it weren't for her stoic voice. Their last conversation together was quite a passive one. With him in the hand movements, her in a serious voice, it didn't help on deciding what gift to get for the teen.

Strolling through the streets of golden age, her eyes traced along the exotic buildings. Traditional or exceptional? The stores held a little British within them. Retro of history embedded the road as she found herself in a merchant gift shop.

The store pinned a banner across the top, labelling a name instead of yellow lights. It edged a wooden frame with black and oak, tracing upon a creased glass door. It was like walking into shelves of dreamy. The type to reminiscence the small scored scars, yet drowns in the scent of tea.

It was a foreign nostalgia, in a way.

Freesia studied the products the store had in offer. It ranged from european tea to thin paper harisen, the aged owner never ceased to amuse her. Making notable steps towards their ornament collection, a dangling chain caught her attention.

A tie clip bounded to a chain of thorns and flowers. The green wrapped around the white as it was left hanging at the tip of the pin. Bracing with lightness, the flower sat protected by her taut knight; like she was his high royalty.

"This seems... nice," Freesia observed the pin, "Usually it would be red since it's a rose."

She shrugged, "Well, whatever."

In the city of snow ice, the air of Sakaimachi Street was bleak and hued. It wasn't grey nor bare, but filled with comfort of the cold. The old man's shop exited a blonde, he watched her leave his store.

"A thorn defending a rose, it only harms those who steal its blossom." the man chuckled to himself,

"What a lovely trinket for a friend."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

author's note;

watch me disappear again after this

update ;; but thank you reading this far!

i might start a genshin ff when

this one's over (childe? xiao?

childe looks so ugly on his first

art release lmfao,

but look forward to that!