xviii.ㅤmy treat .

xviii.my treat.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

She watched her shadow fade. The silhouette hugged her bare; left nothing but a sense of austere. It now plays a different part— watch the silky fare entertain them with a golden heart.

It was now time for the opening act!

THE EMBARRASSMENT that Freesia felt after that day was utterly horrendous. Waking up in the morning meant she had to relive a fact in her mind— she let a boy see her weak. Heck! She wouldn't let anyone see her side of vulnerability; it was something she wanted to keep.

To keep her flaws away.

If revealing her face of despair drives people into a sense of worry, then no, absolutely not. She can't have anyone— her mother— worry over her. She's not worth the worry, she doesn't deserve their care.

But then that brings the question: why didn't she feel that way with Inumaki?

That god-awful embarrassing day, why didn't she reject him? Why didn't she push him away?

Was it because of her want for attention? Her need of care? But Freesia, you don't deserve affection. You don't need sympathy. You said it yourself— you don't deserve it all.

'But then why does my heart not say the same?'

Walking down to the kitchen, her mind was clouded with thoughts from days before. Her mother took the days off of the following week, spending more time with her daughter that was away from school.

The pan was sizzling hot with the scent of cinnamon in the air. Having to take an abruptive step, she stood staring at her mother's back frame.

"Oh? You're up already, Freesia? Breakfast will be in a bit so take a seat." Suzuki gestured to the island.

"O-Oh, ok," acting a bit starstruck.

Freesia wouldn't have realised this before the past event, but she's learnt to admire her mother's welcoming touch. How she gives off such vibrant mornings with the simplicity of her lucid voice. Freesia was taken back by the daunting days of hell in her room.

Taking a seat by the counter, her mother whipped out a plate of daintiness in seconds. A white plate differed by a stack of powdered toast chipped into her space of thoughts. Its gold that was seared to perfection, fruity jews that was picked by a mother's heed.

It was attractive as hell, that dish it was.

"Alright, dig in," she clacked the dish onto the table.

Freesia stared at the dulcet piece, ready to take a bite before asking, "Can I take a pic?"

"Oh?" her mother looked over her shoulder, "Yeah, do whatever you want."

With the snap of a camera's shutter, Suzuki saw her daughter's smile in weeks.

"Like I said, we'll be going off to Hokkaido for Christmas." Suzuki-san repeated.

"Really? Even after the bad grades I got?"

"Even after the bad grades you got."

"YES!" Freesia stood up from her chair, "I can't waitt!"

Giggling at her reaction, Suzuki continued, "I was thinking that we needed a break since we haven't done one in a while."

"But don't we go to the flower field yearly?" she showed a face of innocence.

"Yes, but that's not a holiday," placing a hand under her chin, "At least not for an adult it's not."

"Hell yeah!" her eyes gleamed with excitement, "I should probably bring something back for the Lo-"

Suzuki saw her eyes greyed.

"Ne, Freesia," she looked at her mother, "Why don't you buy something for Inumaki-kun?"

Her eyes shot up at the suggestion; slightly surprised. "W-Why do you suggest...?"

"Oh it's just a thank you for everything, yeah?" her mother smiled sweetly.

"Uh... Yeah..." she felt her nerves tick in, "Yeah, I might get something for him..."

"Great!" Suzuki leaned backwards, "Why don't you ask him what he likes?"

"Like- right now?" a bit bewildered by her mother's bold suggestion.

"Why of course," Suzuki raised a brow, "You could also go thank him personally for-"

"Alright, alright!" pushing her face away from her mother, "I get it!"

Walking up the stairs, she hid her blush with a soft response. "I'll ask him after school..."

THE COURAGE it took Freesia to show herself at school was honestly plausible. Having to disappear from classmates and friends for two weeks was not a usual thing. Awkwardly shielding her face with a cap, her head peeped over the school gate to see the chatter of students flooding over.

With subdued personalities overhanging their heads, Freesia was able to spot a white-haired individual.

Waiting for his presence by the exit, she pulled the teen's sleeve when the same face coursed a familiar smile. A flash it took for him to recognize the sick girl before hitting the very walls the blonde whammed him into.

A grunt of pain escaped his mouth as he stared at the girl who looked out of place. "You alright? What are you doing in school for?"

She let out a sigh through the thick air, "I'm going to go on a trip later this Christmas. I was planning on getting you a gift as a thank you." she said it bluntly.

Whilst the loud volume continued playing in the background, Inumaki had his gaze focused on avoiding ones. Her tearing eyes that shown with light in shade; why was this so captivating to him?

Why are you so goddamn...

"Let's go to the nearby cafe."

"Huh?" noticing a reply from the corner of her eyes.

"I said," he took her cap off on impulse, "Let's go to the nearby cafe."

"I don't know what you're so embarrassed about," he placed his palm under his chin.

"I haven't been to school for so long..." she ate with a grumpy look, "It wouldn't help if sensei spotted me."

"Because of your bad grades?"

"..."

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Ok, but that's not what I'm here for," taking a bite from her slice of cake. "What the hell do you want from Hokkaido?"

"Hokkaido..." he thought, "Maybe something sweet? Sweet in thought I mean."

"Oh, you're such a pain in the ass."

Her tetchy temper reflected a gold on the outside. A shiny, lustrous view that is muted by the so-ever-boarding bronze. She gave up on the veil look and replaced it with distemper eyes.

"I'm calling it right now," she left her fork hanging under her chin, staring into orbs before saying,

"This is my treat."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

sorry for disappearing for a month !

a lot has happen, so i couldn't

update for a while, i'm actually

quite concern on whether i

mis-characterized inumaki in this

chapter or not, but this was the

best i can do for now. i hope

it was a decent chapter <3