xv.ㅤheartbroken .

xv.heartbroken.
ㅤㅤ( Beware: mention of suicide. )
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Locked in dimmed lighting, curtained windows seeped its beauty sun through her shades. It was an isolation that distanced her— detaching the beauty herself. She didn't want to see the sun; if it meant a reconnection to her happiness. She needed this loneliness— she needed the keys locked— for a cage she created herself.

How did this happen? How is she bounded, crying? Indeed...

"How... how did this happen, Lobelia?"

Second day of exam. Sunrise peak.

Early in the morning, the school gate greeted their examinees for their last exam before entrance ones. Already one day in, there was only two more days left of this hell hall. Dreading every second of it, Freesia stood in front of her locker, purposefully taking her sweet time at the removal of her shoes.

As the bangs and wams echoed aggressive door-slams, an irk mark formed above her narrowed brows. 'What the hell is up with that noise?'

Making her way up the stairs, her dire expression showed annoyance on both the early commotion and exam scheduled. It was an understatement to say that she wasn't looking forward to the day.

Entering through the blue door, Freesia sat at her seat with each row divided. Having to make it on time, their homeroom teacher entered the classroom right on que.

Chit chat that ran along in the classroom, their revision and prattle muffled over sensei's entrance. Suppose that it was the few minutes left before the exam, Freesia didn't care for his quiet appearance.

08:18 am.

Inumaki gazed at the girl who was seats before him; a row to the right. It was evident that she looked a tad bit off, but still barely on time as per usual. Seeing her eyes face the teacher entering, Inumaki followed her trace to have a brow raised on his face.

Huh.

Staring back at the flaxen yellow, she was mindlessly taking out her necessary stationary. He guessed it was nothing to bother, considering the closure between Freesia and the teacher.

Perhaps he's having a bad day.

"Ahem." Inumaki lifted his head to see his homeroom teacher announce his voice, "Before the second day of exam starts, the school has an announcement to make so please be seated."

Creaking and fussle were made as clean rows of students were seated. —Except for one.

Patting on the mic, the teacher (announcer) did his testing. "Testing, testing..."

"Alright. Good morning students, I hope you all are doing well for the second day of exam." felt cloth was heard rustling with the clipboard.

"A little, quite depressing announcement is going to be made before the exam begins." he stuttered, "It was very tragic, and disheartening of the school to hear the death of Sumire Lobelia."

Freesia's eyes widened.

"As of this morning, we received the news that Sumire-san had committed suicide early this morning at 7 am, at her relative's home."

'Wait... wait a minute...'

"The school is very sorrowful to hear that one of our students, our top students, has died in such a gruesome and lonely way."

'Wait... what... what the fuck do you mean de-...'

"Please, if any of you are feeling, or thinking of such thoughts, you could seek our social workers on the ground floor— in their designated office."

'Stop... stop this bullshit...'

"Or you could dial the child helpline at XXXX-XX-XXXX."

'Is that why...'

"The school is here to help and support you. Us teachers are all gladly here to help you all."

"But that is all. Sorry for the depressing news, and good luck to you all in the exam."

'...she said sayonara.'

The mic muted.

It was a sunny day that her tears chased her weakened heart.

A flood of emotions filled with frustration, anger and just why.

Why.

Why her out of everyone?

She was such a smart, open, and loving girl.

One that loved me most.

So why? Why has fate decided to strike her with thoughts that so sweetly pervade in malevolence?

She stood in front of the school. Having to hand in an empty, edge-crinkled paper, with her name ugly written on it.

The bell that signalled her break; signalled her leave. Her mind was so fully clouded with fear and unrest.

I waited an hour and a half.

The security guard saw her walk out with ease, panicked and tried to call her back. There's no way she's sitting for two hours to wait for her sanity to slip.

Unable to hold the phone still, she tapped to dial a phone number she knew.

Walkie-talkie went along in the background; her ears only echoed the sound of an interval.

Beep... beep...

"-Hello, honey? What happened 'cause I'm at work right now?" her mother's smoothing voice picked up.

Her eyes glistened wet to hear a voice she loves. "M-Mom... It happened again..."

"What happened?"

"L-Lobelia's..."

Eyes blurred only to see their road fade; she clinged onto the only thing that held precious to her right now.

"...Dead."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

flower; lobelia

love, distinction, and malevolence.

the flower, 'lobelia' also represents

arrogance which also protrays lobelia

but next chap will continue with

the topic, hope you enjoyed it

so far <3