xiii.ㅤflower field .

xiii.ㅤflower field .

━━━━━━━ ━━

Driving with a window down allowed the cool air to escape out into the morning breeze. The glass that made half way, barely budged to meet the skin of a soft touch. She leaned onto the door one-handedly, felt the natural wind on her tips and hair. The grey road that continued to go on for the long ride, bridged towards a flower field at far.

A rough and smooth did not meet the two, as she felt the separation from her back to her front. It was then that she decided to face back into the car, having her eyes on the radio that played a musical tune. A soft mutter she heard through her own white noise, "Freesia, you're letting all the cool air out."

Having to tilt her head back up at the road, she slowly closed up the windshield.

"It's been kinda a whitish-grey this morning," yellow hair said, "October weather always sucks." she was still in the spaced-out mood.

"It's not even October yet, hun," her mother kept her eyes on the road, "If so, I wouldn't be taking you to the flower field."

"Mm~ It's been quite peaceful these past weeks. September is quite a stressful time in Japan." Freesia said while grabbing a snack from the back.

"It's a busy time I suppose," her mother held the same tone, "No one really takes a weekend off of September," the melody from the radio kept playing, "Except me," her chuckle was audible over the speaker.

Crisp of potatoes engulfed the silence in the vehicle, it was already late September as they drove through the grey mass. I guess you could say that this is an annual thing, as the mother and daughter would visit the flower field in season. This year they went for yellow-gold.

The backyard of the Suzuki household contains her mother's favourite choices. Fruits, herbs, and scents, all growing in a compacted fence that befitted a one-person walking. Her blue, yellow and green comes from the berries, flowers and leaves. She continues to water and cultivate her yard as it keeps the garden air fresh.

Inspiration and drain wears off each other as daily work hours suffocates her morning douse. Since then that she decided to take her child on a yearly trip— a visit to the good o' flower field.

Spring, summer, fall, and winter— all of the seasons which Suzuki-san had seen its fallen grace. Their garnish and bejewel made difference in the colour choice of season. She re-visits the same coloured flora, where across their prefecture was an hour long drive.

And yet, obviously enough, the grey-eyed household would make their way out of town to this mystical land (at least to them). Full of tinted dye that inked across the whole field, what kind of flower geek would not want to visit this hard labour, paint job?

━━

The beeping of a parking car; it faced a wide greenland. Stirring the wheel till it stopped, a scenery of immense was planted in front of them— all shaded by a flinted grey. Crumpling the piece of plastic, Freesia unbuckled her seatbelt to open the window-sealed door.

She landed herself onto the smoothened stone, going past to the nearest bin to toss away those crisp crumbs. There was left a breezing wind from the early highway, her reflective locks untangled over her shoulder, leaving her bare skin to shiver.

Lightly motioning her hands against the wind, she felt the pressure running through the slots between her hands. Walking back up to the car, she got her bag and food to help her mother across the field. Licking her tips while slinging the bag over, her mind lingered onto the sweet honey butter that reminded herself to visit the Korean supermarket again.