40

Alex woke up around 3pm, feeling far too anxious for his liking. He sat up, curling up in George's lap.
"Afternoon, love," George kissed his forehead.

" 'noon," Alex replied, still half asleep, he looked over at the other boys on the sofa, most either on their phones or napping, leaning on each other shoulders with their legs in a tangle towards the middle.

"You doing okay?" George checked.
"Not really," Alex sighed.
"Want to go home?" He offered.
Alex nodded.
"Let's go get our stuff from James' room then," George proposed decisively.
When Alex didn't seem to be planning on leaving his lap, George picked him up and carried him upstairs. He did it all the time when he was feeling little, and he was light enough, anyways.

"You gonna get dressed?" George asked, picking up the neatly folded outfit from last night. Alex shook his head vehemently.
"Need me to help you?" George asked confusedly.
"Not going near that outfit with a ten foot pole." Alex wouldn't even look at the clothes.

"Oh, okay, fair enough, sorry," George realised. "James won't mind you going him in those joggers I don't think,"
Alex collected bunny and his pacifier, placing them carefully in George's backpack. When they were ready, Alex clung to George once more. He was in a weird place right now, both 16 and 6 all at once. He didn't particularly like it. At least he was on his way home. And George had said he could have McDonald's.

Alex asked incessant questions all the way home.
"Can we still play minecraft when we get home?" Alex asked.
"Yep,"
"And have McDonald's?"
"Probably,"
"And watch movies all night?"
"If you want,"

Alex pulled George's arm over his shoulder as he walked, smiling contentedly. He looked around constantly as they walked.
"He's probably gone home," George reassured.
"but what if-"
"I'll bash his head in, and that's a promise," George cut him off.

They went straight upstairs once they were back, Alex immediately feeling more at ease. He delved in his drawers for some pink shorts and a purple kuromi hoodie, chewing the strings absently as he looked for some socks to put on, settling for plain white frilled socks.

George put on one of the sets of pyjamas he'd left there, turning on Alex's Xbox and laying down on the bed, Alex laying against his chest. George picked up his black controller, while Alex clutched his pink one. Alex snuggled closer to George as he loaded up minecraft.

"When we build a house, can I have a pink bed?" Alex asked eagerly. He wasn't even regressed all that much, he was excitable at the best of times.
"You can have whatever you like, babe,"
Alex smiled, looking up at George.
"I'm gonna build the house while you mine,"
"That's a good plan," George agreed.

They played until Alex felt his tummy rumble.
"I'm staaaarving," alex sighed dramatically.
"McDonalds time?" George proposed.
Alex nodded vigorously.
"Chicky nuggs?"
"Obviously,"
"Okay darling, I'll get you a strawberry milkshake too, babe,"
Alex smiled. Of course George knew his whole order. He loved that about him.

30 minutes later, George stood up to a knock at the door. He came back upstairs a minute or so later, carrying a big McDonald's bag. Alex sat up cross-legged on the bed.
George jumped onto the bed, organised who's food was who's.

Alex sipped his milkshake as he watched George eat a huge burger. He looked at his nuggets. Of course George had got him twenty.

He picked one up, staring it down.
"You okay, babe?" George checked.
Alex nodded, tentatively bringing it to his mouth. He took a tiny bite.
"Is this about him?" George asked concernedly.

"N-no," Alex lied.
"You sure?" George ruffled his hair.
Alex collapsed against George's shoulder, sniffling.
"Darling it's okay, I know this is hard for you. Just take your time,"
George picked up a chicken nugget, tearing a piece off. He held it up to Alex's mouth.

Alex hid his face against George's chest.
"You need to eat, baby, you'll get ill,"
Alex shook his head.
"Please?" George sighed.
Alex reached over to the box and picked up a nugget taking a tiny nibble.

"That's it, babe. Don't worry about what that idiot said about you, he's a piece of shit who doesn't know what they're talking about. His opinion doesn't matter, doll," George assured him.
Alex finished off the nugget, looking up at George.
"That's the stuff, I'm so proud," George coaxed. "Think you can manage some more?"
Alex hesitated, though he knew deep down that George was right. He lay against George's chest, nibbling gingerly through 8 before pronouncing himself full.

"That's okay, darl, you did great," George praised.
Alex groaned.
"What's up?" George.
"I'm so gross," Alex whined.
"What do you mean, babe?"
"Just gross, I feel gross, I look gross, I am gross,"

George sighed. "I'm so sorry that asshole won't leave you be," he pressed a kiss to Alex's forehead. He flinched ever so slightly.
"Is this okay?" George checked.
"Y-yeah," Alex stumbled out. "You're okay," he rubbed his eyes with his hoodie.
"Are you alright?"
"Just tired," Alex sighed.
"Wanna take a nap?"
Alex nodded sleepily. "Yes please,"

George helped Alex into bed, letting him lay on his chest. "Want your paci?" George offered, pulling it out his pocket. Alex nodded, slipping it in his mouth without a word and closing his eyes.
He hadn't realised just how tired he was. He drifted off almost instantly.
He dreamed about him and George eating a giant ice cream even bigger than them.  It was peaceful.

An. Sorry for disappearing and for the slightly shorter chapter, I'm v busy these days and had a bit of writers block, hopefully I'll get a burst of creativity again soon :) thanks for bearing with