15

Alex woke up at around 3 in the morning, trembling, he tried to get his breathing back to normal, with little luck. He felt himself falling into panic, tears nipping at his eyes. He sniffles anxiously, holding onto George as if his life depended on it.
George stirred at the tight grip.

"Al..."He groaned, half asleep. He heard Alex's whimpers, snapping him awake instantly.
"Al?" He repeated, "You okay?"
Alex didn't respond, quivering.
"You're shaking, come here," George sat up and pulled Alex into his lap.
"D-dream s-s-scary," he stammered out.
"What happened, buddy?" George began stroking Alex's hair, who started to relax a little.
"I-I was w-with r-r-Ryan and he w-was saying to me I-I'm w-w-worthless, a-and that you don't w-want me around, and I look ugly and f-fat!" He rambled.
"Oh al, you're none of those things, and Of course I want you around, you're lovely." George reassured him. "I know it's hard but you have to remember that what an asshole like him thinks of you doesn't matter. The only think that matters is you, and that you're happy and comfortable."
"Love you Georgie," Alex mumbled.
George tensed slightly, but felt a little more comfortable this time. He opened his mouth to say it back, but found he wasn't quite able to bring himself to do it yet.
"You too, al," he replied.

"Georgie?"
"Yeah?"
"Am I pretty?" Alex asked sincerely.
"I think you might be the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my life," George said honestly, blushing a little. Alex felt his face flush too.
"You're just being nice," Alex sighed
George pulled Alex in his lap so that he was sat on his knee facing him.
"You're gorgeous Alex. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." George kissed Alex gingerly on the cheek.

"What time is it?" George checked his phone. "Jeez, al, it's 3am,"
Alex slumped against George's shoulder. "Not tired anymore." He looked around, picking up bunny, who had been laying in the corner of the bed, for the most part ignored in favour of George, who Alex deemed a far better hugger, since he could actually hug back.
"Bunny isn't tired either,"
"What if we got you and bunny some hot chocolate?" George smiled.
"Really?" Alex grinned excitedly, "yes please!"
George picked Alex up, placing his pacifier back in his mouth for the time being, and headed towards the bedroom door to go downstairs, when he felt Alex tap his shoulder.
"Yeah?"
Alex climbed down, running and grabbing a sippy cup from a drawer.
"Oh, uh, okay?" George looked at the boy beside him in surprise, not quite expecting this.
"Sippy okay Georgie?" Alex asked shyly.
"Of course, anything that makes you happy and comfortable is fine with me,"
Alex smiled bashfully.
George picked him up on his hip, carrying him downstairs and sitting him on the worktop.
He began ransacking the cupboards, not sure where anything was, since it wasn't his house.
Alex pointed to a cupboard, which George opened and easily found the tub of hot chocolate powder.
George made enough chocolate for both of them,
George's in a mug and Alex's in his sippy cup. They made their way back upstairs, George carrying the drinks and Alex trailing behind him, holding bunny's hand. George handed Alex his drink as soon as they were sat on the bed. Alex took it appreciatively, whimpering a little as it was slightly too hot.
"Give it a minute," George smiled, putting Alex's drink on the bedside table as he sipped his own. Alex sat back on George's lap, playing with bunny quietly, George watched, chuckling a little. He was such a cutie. After a few minutes, Alex looked up from his stuffed animal.
"Choccy okay now?"
"Probably," George passed it back to him.
"Georgie make sure?" Alex held it out to him innocently. George reluctantly took the sippy cup, trying some of the hot chocolate awkwardly. "Y-yeah that's okay now,"
Alex brought the cup to his mouth, drinking the warm drink inside.
"Thank you Georgie," Alex smiled.
Alex let out a yawn, laying against George. He continued to drink, holding his cup with both hands. George decided to try something. He took Alex's hands from the bottle, holding it up for him. Alex went with it gladly, taking bunny in his arms instead. George felt oddly calmed with the boy in his lap. Alex's eyes began to drift shut, to which George replaced the almost empty cup with a pacifier.
He let Alex stay as he was, rocking him lightly as he fell asleep, George eventually doing the same.

An. I'm sooo sorry I post less these days but I'm always so busyyyyy :(
This chapters pretty cute tho, I love the whole thing of them slowly becoming more comfortable with each other 🥺