10

as it turned out, george was a shit cook. thankfully alex was surprisingly competent, making them both pancakes and fruit.
"there you are, darling husband," alex joked.
george blushed, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly.
the two sat down at the kitchen table, eating their food.
"damn, al, these are really good!" george shoved huge mouthfuls in.
alex, on the other hand, was full after his first pancake, having another two left, which he slid onto george's plate who ate them as well.
"george, we have 30 minutes till school starts." alex stated, looking at his phone.
"we'd better head off then," george shrugged his leather jacket on.
"crap," alex muttered "i forgot a jacket,"
george ran upstairs, grabbing a white hoodie with roses down the arms and threw it to alex, who pulled it over his head self consciously. he stuffed his feet into his pink mary janes and george laces up his chunky new rock boots.
they leave the house, george locking the door behind them.

-

they arrived at school right on time, both subjected of a lot of stares as they walk to their form room. mr kilkenny greeted them as they entered the class.
"hello lads, all okay yesterday?" he asked, making no comment on either boy's appearance
they both nodded politely.
"it was all okay after they shagged!" shouted a foul little roadman from the back.
"shut it!" george glared.
"joe, that's you in detention with me at lunch!" mr kilkenny thundered. he could be pretty scary when he was pissed off.
they sat down together, alex feeling a lot more confident today. alex opened his bag, looking for some paper to doodle on. he pulled a sheet out of a notebook, drawing the outline of a person. george watched on in interest as alex added more detail.
"it's me, isn't it?" george smiled. alex nodded enthusiastically. "you like it?" he looked over to george hoping for approval.
"i love it," he ruffled alex's hair.
"fucking gaylords!" another lad in their form chimed in. alex seemed to curl in on himself.
"piss off!" yelled george, protective of the anxious boy next to him.
mr kilkenny stepped in.
"matthew! detention as well, george, mind your language," he warned.

the rest of form was uneventful, and the boys headed to their first lesson, history. quite appropriately, the teacher looked like an ancient artefact herself. she must have been at least 80, far too old to be teaching the rough and rude students here. thankfully, george had a table with his friend will, another friend called james, and a spare seat where alex could sit. while alex and james had been getting on with their work, will started whispering to george.

"this your lad, then?" will snickered.
"shut up," he glared at his best friend in irritation.
"he's a handsome little fella isn't he," will teased.
"you after him?" george joked back.
"you're the one snuggling with him here, mate,"
george rolled his eyes.
"please don't say anything to anyone. he's really shy and anxious and i don't want him to panic about anything."
"you know i wouldn't, lad,"
will could be an arse at times, but he was a good guy, really.

"george?" his history teacher barked, seeing him chatting.
"who was henry the eighth's first wife?"
"uhh, margaret thatcher?" he answered, panicking over being put in the spot.
"clearly you need to pay more attention," she tutted condescendingly.

what an asshole.

the rest of the morning went by quickly, and the boys made it to lunchtime.
"the food here looks awful," alex wrinkled his nose in disgust.
"the chips are okay, but do not touch the pizza, under any circumstance."
alex took the warning. he picked out a tray of chips, a doughnut and a carton of strawberry milk. he sat at a table with george, who had a plate of lasagne, chips, a cookie and a bottle of water.
"hungry much?" alex teased.
"always," george replied.
alex finished a fair while after george, despite having less food.
"do you think your mum would let you stay at mine tonight?" alex asked, playing with the hem of his skirt.
"she's at her boyfriends tonight. she texted me this morning. she won't care," george shrugged.
"syd won't mind, i imagine." alex giggled. "she said she likes you, by the way,"
george smiled as he heard alex giggle. he could honestly listen to it all day. damn, he'd fallen hard already.

the afternoon sped by, and soon they were on their way to george's to pick up their stuff, like alex's things from last night and some clothes for george tomorrow. thankfully it was friday so they didn't have to get up early tomorrow. they trudged over to alex's, alex slipping his arm through george's at some point on the way, blaming it on his shoes.
"they're rubbing!" he whined.
"that's what you get for wearing platforms for school, al," george teased.
"shut up!" alex huffed childishly.
"make me," george looked him in the eyes, instantly shutting him up.
alex felt his face burn. god, george was hot. especially when he bossed him around like that.
they reached the house, letting themselves in.
they went straight up to alex's room, yelling brief hellos to his aunts along the way.
alex kicked off his shoes, practically moaning in relief.
george pretended it didn't affect him as much as it did.
george set his clunky boots next to alex's shoes, chuckling at just how opposite they were.
alex walked over to george, his socked feet pattering on the carpeted floor, and perched delicately in his lap, hugging george tightly.
"what's up, al?" george seemed worried.
"nothing, just wanted to hug you all day," he admitted.
george hugged him back. he'd pretty much given up try to pretend he didn't like alex. of course he did. the scariest part was admitting it to anyone else.