44

Alex sighed, wondering what was taking so long. He stumbled gingerly to George's drawers, pulling out his favourite hello kitty pyjamas he'd left there, sitting down to slide the shorts over his bandages. He heard George and Will vaguely downstairs. He didn't like being upstairs on his own, but he'd left his crutches at the bottom of the stairs and hobbling right down seemed like a lot of work. Especially when he was starting to feel dizzy from tiredness. He thought about shouting them, but he wasn't sure if George's mum was home. It must be at least 11:00 by now. He looked at his phone, seeing it was already midnight. He huffed.

Deciding George was taking too long, he decided to make his way downstairs, only to almost collide with Will in the hall.
"Where's George?" Alex questioned tiredly, feeling his knees wobble as he slipped his thumb in his mouth.
Will lifted him up, carrying him on his hip with little effort.
"God, you're light. It's like carrying a teddy bear around. He's downstairs,"
Alex pointed downstairs, Will taking him down to George, who was in the kitchen making a crisp sandwich for Will, who had not stopped talking about crisps since he first thought about them. Alex reached out for George, who swapped with Will for the sandwich.

The three of them went upstairs, all cramming into George's bed. Will put some music on quietly, Alex fighting sleep in George's knee as the other two chatted. Alex sighed against George's neck.
"You smell smoky," Alex mumbled.
"Oh," George replied.
"You smoke more,"
"Sorry, baby," George ruffled Alex's hair, getting little more than a yawn in response.

"Will," Alex blinked sleepily. "Tell George to do less smoking,"
"Yeah, George, do less smoking, what are you, a chimney?" Will teased.
"That's a bold suggestion from you of all people," George quipped back, raising an eyebrow.
"What do you mean mate, I don't smoke nearly as much as you, cheeky sod," Will huffed.

Alex ignored the whole thing, falling asleep nuzzled against George's chest, thumb in his mouth. Neither of the awake boys had the heart to swap it for a pacifier. George and Will ended up falling asleep not long after, Will falling asleep sideways on the bed, laying on his back like a turtle. George shortly followed, with his arms around Alex's waist and legs entwined with Will's lanky limbs.

When George awoke it was still dark outside, and Alex was wriggling uncomfortably.
"Al?" George whispered. "What's going on?"
Alex looked up at him, a pale light from a lamppost outside reflecting on his face.
"Ick ick," Alex whined. The phrase kicking George into action, he rushed alex to the bathroom, holding back his hair as he began to throw up almost instantly. Tears streamed down his face with little to no noise as he clung to George afterwards, feeling shaken and exhausted. Alex just held onto George's hoodie for dear life, stunned and too overwhelmed to so much as speak. He looked down, whining softly when he noticed he'd gotten puke on his pyjamas. George carried him back to the room, especially after realising he was too wobbly and tired to walk properly.

George sat Alex on the floor quietly, making sure to not wake Will. He dug out one of his own hoodies and a pair of pyjamas pants. Alex tugged at the dirty shirt he had, before George took over, pulling it over his head. Alex wrapped his arms around himself when his bare chest was exposed to the air. It was December, and it was even freezing in the house.
"Arms up," George prompted.
Alex shook his head.
"So I can put the hoodie on," He explained, to which Alex shakily complied.
George pulled it over his head. "Good boy,"
Alex smiled at that, reaching out for George.
"There's puke on your shorts too," George reminded. He held up the pair of his own plaid pyjama pants. Alex huffed. He stood up so George could ease off the shorts he was wearing, shivering.

Alex whined impatiently, wanting to go back to sleep. George picked him up as soon as he'd finished, Alex snuffling against him instantly. He always seemed to regress way more if he didn't feel well. He'd scarcely spoken since he'd woken up. He tugged on the end of George's hair.
"Don't do that, sweetheart," George reprimanded him gently. Alex pointed down at his pacifier on the bedside table. George picked it up, cleaning any dust off by putting it in his mouth before placing if in Alex's. He started to doze off once more.

George looked at his phone. 7:00am. He was awake now, may as well stay up. They were supposed to have school in a couple hours anyways. He wasn't sure if Alex would be up to it, but he let him sleep for a while longer before checking. He let will continue to sleep too. Since he was the only one up, he decided he'd get himself dressed and then make everyone some breakfast. He slipped on a black hoodie and some jeans after laying Alex back on the bed next to Will, who subconsciously put his arm protectively over him.

George went downstairs, turning on the stove. He decided he'd attempt pancakes. After one lacklustre attempt, he managed to make a decent stack of each of them. He put a bottle of golden syrup in the middle of the kitchen table and went back upstairs to wake Alex and Will. The two groggily awoke, George passing Will one of his plainer T-shirts to borrow, and getting Alex's pink dungarees and a white tshirt. Alex was less ill and less regressed than before, making helping him dress himself easier.

The three went downstairs, Will and Alex trailing tiredly to the table. He found that Alex wolfed his down with far more gusto than usual. George stood on his tiptoes to reach the box of painkillers his mother still kept on the highest shelf. Alex eyed the paracetamol in George's hand hopefully.

George pressed two into his hand. "Take them with your orange juice."
Alex obeyed gratefully, swallowing with no complaint. He smiled at George. He thought about school, and how he couldn't wait for a months time when all of his exams were over.

An. It's been so long I'm so sorry!!!