Lifeline

Lance's POV

All I could do was sit there and wait to see what Keith said next, I slowly started to lift my eyes back up to him and all I could see was anger in his violet orbs. My automatic instinct was to apologise I had clearly done something to piss him off.

"K-Keith! I'm so s-sorry! I didn't mean to unload so much onto y..." I watched as Keith flung across the room, I panicked and curled up into myself out of reflex awaiting for something bad to happen but all I felt was two strong arms and a warm body encompass my entire being and hold me so close and tight.

"Please don't apologise, you have nothing to be sorry for, I'm not angry with you I'm angry at your 'family', if you can even call them that?! I'm at angry at how the Garrison teachers probably treated you and made you feel like you couldn't eat or sleep. Worst of all I'm sorry that I am part to blame for all of this, if I hadn't left it would've been better for you, even since we've been in space I've been so harsh and horrible towards you, we all have. We're idiots."

I could feel Keith releasing more relaxing and calm pheromones into the hair, within it i could also smell an undertone of guilt.

"K-Keith?"

"Lance?"

I paused, weighing up the options of what I was going to say next; was Keith worth the risk?

"I don't know if I can trust you and that this isn't all a lie or a trick, if it is then I'll be proved the fool as always. But if it isn't...if it isn't...I think I might want some help...please?" I gripped onto Keith's shirt tighter holding him impossibly close, desperate that this could lead to something better.

"I promise you that no matter what I will always be there for you, I will earn your trust and forgiveness for everything I have put you through, ensure that you are loved and remove any doubt in your mind that you are worthy of everything that you deserve."

That's all it took for me to break down and start sobbing hard holding onto Keith harder. I can't handle all of these positive emotions and feelings that Keith was providing me. After spending so much of my life dealing with negativity to learn how to act, what to be, controlling my emotions and mind, this was too overwhelming. Years of having to suppress my emotions, feelings, instincts just everything that was me was finally let out in a frustrated, sobbing cry.

***

I think I had had been crying non-stop for almost an hour when I finally felt my body tire. I slumped back down onto the bed, I felt Keith lay right next to me keeping himself close, an arm around me pulling me closer to him.

"Thank you Lance. Thank you for sharing everything with me, please get some rest. You've done so well today, I'm so proud of you how strong you've been and you should be proud of yourself too. What you did today took so much courage and I feel blessed to be the one you shared everything with, just goes to prove how amazing I know you are." I felt Keith press a small kiss onto my cheek. I could feel something in my inner Omega scream with happiness at getting such amazing praise from Keith, it made me feel good, like really good! I couldn't help the small smile that graced my lips and felt my cheeks go slightly red. I think I did good?

Tiredness soon took over my mind exhausted from how hard I had cried for a good part of an hour. I quietly whispered a quick "Goodnight Keith" feeling happiness again bubble inside me that I had someone there next to me before my mind fell fast asleep.

Keith's POV

"Goodnight my Lance." I whispered back.

Within minutes Lance was snoozing away deep into his much needed sleep, he seemed to have unloaded a lot of backed up emotions, and gone through some that he had never felt before. It hurt to see Lance so lost and vulnerable but I also felt immense pride in him. He really is the strongest person I know, I have to do right by him, we all do.

After 10 more minutes I slipped out of bed, I covered Lance with the duvet let my hand stroke through his luscious brown hair and kissed his forehead. "I won't be long Lance."

I quietly walked out of the room heading towards the dining room, purpose driving me forward quickly, hoping everyone was still there from eating diner. As the doors opened I saw 5 figures all turn there heads at the sound, my eyes and body posed with serious conviction.

"We need to talk."

____________________________________________________

Finally back with another chapter.
Sorry It's been so long, been struggling lately.
Thank you to everyone who has commented or voted they actually mean so much to me.
And thank you to everyone who has been reading.
Hope you enjoy.
Kiki xx