Punishment

"Thats was weird right?" Hunk said as Lance left.

"I think thats the quietest I've ever seen Lance." Pidge continued.

"I think this morning was a good wake up call for him, he might actually start taking all of this seriously" added Shiro.

Allura spoke "I agree with Shiro, Lance is far to much of a goofball to be a useful paladin, I think he might finally understand what we need of him."

Keith just carried on eating but said nothing.

Lance hadn't fully closed the doors behind him and heard everyone speak as they thought he was out of ear shot. He was thankful for Hunk & Pidge, they were his best friends but even they didn't know about him being an Omega. The hurt coursed through him at Shiro's and Allura's words, though she might not be an Alpha in human dynamics she was a person of authority.

Lance left for his room, he curled up into the corner of his bed and sobbed for hours until he finally fell asleep from exhaustion.

He awoke the next morning luckily he had set an alarm for 6:00 am. He forced himself up, took a shower cleaning the tear stains from his face using the scent blocker soap, once dried he applied his make up routine and put new contacts into his eyes. He then went into his bathroom cabinet and dry swallowed his suppressant pills, they were starting to run low but he didn't need to worry just yet, then headed to the training room by 6:30.

No one was there luckily. He went over to the panel that kept the records and looked at everyone's score:

Shiro - Level 24

Keith - Level 21

Hunk - Level 17

Pidge - Level 15

Lance - Level 10

Even little Pidgeon was above Lance, no wonder they thought of him as useless and kept scolding him.

"Start Level 11."

***

"Start level 35"

12 robots fell from the floor and immediately started sprinting towards Lance, he had taken a defensive position so he was able to shoot half of them before they got within melee range. He had learned to change his bayard into a sword while training and was teaching himself how to attack and defend in close combat. It had been a 'get hit and learn' process leaving the Cuban boy battered and bruised under his armour.

He was on the last 2 bots when one managed to hit straight into his side earning a yelp from the Blue Paladin.

He saw black dots starting to form in his vision but forced himself up quickly to shoot and  then roll and take out the last one. He took a second to try and compose himself before starting the next level.

"Start lev..."

"Lance!" His head quickly turned to the door showing a concerned looking Hunk.

"Oh hey buddy, you ok?" He asked gingerly.

"Lance you look like hell, how long have you been in here?"

"What time is it?" Lance asked not actually sure how long he'd been in the training deck.

"It's 5:00 pm man, I came looking for you as dinner will be ready soon and I didn't see you at lunch."

"Thanks Buddy, I'll go get showered up and meet you there." Lance quickly replied and walked out the room avoiding his question.

***

When Lance got back to his room everything hurt, but he needed to be strong, he needs to be strong like Hunk, he's a great example of a Beta. After showering and reapplying his facade Lance made his way to the dining room.

"Late again." Allura spat.

"Sorry Ma'am." Lance quickly replied. He was going to have to punish himself later for being bad, this'll help with improving his abilities.

Everyone's head turned toward Lance at those words but he didn't seem to notice, he didn't make eye contact with anyone as he sat next to Pidge.

She looked at him worryingly.

"Hey Lance, you ok?" She asked.

"Of course!" he retorted, his famous smile plastered across his face. He didn't want people to think he was down and upset, that's only what a weak Omega would do. He was a Beta for his team.

Pidge reached out to Lance to try and touch his arm but he quickly pulled back. Pidge's face etched into confusion, Lance had always been very loving and hugging so this was weird to the young Pup. Lance looked at her "Sorry, I hurt myself at training today so my arm is sore."

"Pfft...yeah sure you were training" Keith spat out.

"I was there all day Mullet."

"Whatever Lance you don't need to lie to us."

Hunk spoke up." I actually found him in the training room before dinner."

Keith just looked at Hunk and replied "he must've just got there, our resident dunce is just trying to big himself up."

"That's not true..."

"Oh shut up Lance! I don't wanna hear anymore of your excuses or lies!" Keith yelled.

Everyone turned to look at him but no one scolded him for what he said.

"What? Its true, he's the most useless Beta I've ever seen!"

Hunk & Pidge went to protest before Shiro spoke. "Keith thats enough now." nonchalantly.

Lance got up from his seat and in the most calmest voice says "I apologise for being useless, I'll do my best to improve." He then walks out of the room. Once out of view he bolted to his room, his chest pulsating with pain, his head spinning. All he gets its scoldings and complaints from the pack Alpha's, even as a Beta he isn't good enough. He locks his door behind him and starts to break down onto the floor, no one came to check after him, he knew he wasn't worth any of their time, this just confirmed it.

Lance went over to the his bathroom and found his razor, he sat on the toilet seat and removed his trousers exposing his thighs, small lined scars still present on them, its been a while since he's done this but he needed to punish himself for disappointing the Alpha's of the pack and failing to be a good Beta.

1 cut - for not being a good Beta.

2 cuts - being late.

3 cuts - upsetting an Alpha.

...

14 cuts later

Lance finally felt punished enough to stop, pain aching into his thighs. He grabbed his supply of bandages, cleaned the wounds then wrapped his legs. After cleaning up all the blood he slowly made his way to bed and quickly fell into a needed deep sleep now content he had punished himself and knowing he will improve his usefulness somehow.

___________________________________________

I love my poor baby Lance, honestly I do. x